Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: 1982 Alembic Exploiter, $1300 + shipping

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Dave Siff, Sep 21, 2002.

1. This is a beautiful Explorer-shaped bass, flamed koa over mahogany, Alembic pickups and active electronics including the Q filter which makes for some wild sounds. The workmanship on this bass is incredible. Cosmetic condition is excellent.. it looks basically brand new, with about a half-dozen tiny dings that are only visible under very close inspection. The only issue with the bass is a small hump in the fingerboard at around the 12th fret on the treble side. This will only be a problem if you're trying for microscopically-low action on the upper frets of the D and G. It hasn't been a problem for me, and it can be fixed by a pro repairman. I'm asking $1300 + shipping, with the form-fitted hard case. There are two pictures here; I can take some better ones, including close-ups, if anyone wants: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=37076&ck=

2. Bump. Goin' to eBay soon...