1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: 1982 Alembic Exploiter, $1300 + shipping

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Dave Siff, Sep 21, 2002.

1. This is a beautiful Explorer-shaped bass, flamed koa over mahogany, Alembic pickups and active electronics including the Q filter which makes for some wild sounds. The workmanship on this bass is incredible. Cosmetic condition is excellent.. it looks basically brand new, with about a half-dozen tiny dings that are only visible under very close inspection. The only issue with the bass is a small hump in the fingerboard at around the 12th fret on the treble side. This will only be a problem if you're trying for microscopically-low action on the upper frets of the D and G. It hasn't been a problem for me, and it can be fixed by a pro repairman. I'm asking $1300 + shipping, with the form-fitted hard case. There are two pictures here; I can take some better ones, including close-ups, if anyone wants: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=37076&ck=

2. Bump. Goin' to eBay soon...