1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS:1982 Fender JV Series Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BrandonBass, Oct 8, 2013.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    It is a hassle to transfer pics from my phone to my pc, but for your reference, it looks 99.9% identical to this bass:

http://altomusic.com/shop/images/product/0146102306-acf8dcb97f82201597a87174c510a146.jpg

For interested parties, kindly drop me a pm and I shall email you the close up pics of the bass.

The bass is in really,really good condition for a 30years old bass, no major dings or nicks that is visible to me except for a chipped paint near the neck join on the lower horn side. It sounds phenomenal, and not just saying it just cause Im selling it. But it really does the jamerson thing very well. Its got a really good midrange punch to it. It wont be too far-fetched to say that this is the best sounding pbass Ive played.

Some issues need to be addressed though. The action is on the higher side of things. The saddle has been adjusted to its lowest point and the truss rod has been maxed it seems, the neck has been shimmed lightly by myself. I have not brought it to a luthier since I string it with flats(chromes) and with its high action,and it really nails the old school tone. The neck looks straight to me, but then again Im not a qualified luthier. I am not too bothered by it, I have other basses for the shreddy kinda stuff. I use this bass to cover motown and to simulate an upright, and it does it perfectly.

The string G and E strings are about 4mm away from the fretboard at 12th fret , and 5mm away from the fretboard at the 20th fret.

I am moving on to 5 string basses now, so I am clearing all my 4s. I did a quick search on ebay's sold listings for similar basses.

They sold for lowest USD$527.55 to highest $1399. I am hoping to get $560 shipped for it, as I am shipping from Asia.

This is a superb deal imo for players who prefer high action and want an incredible sounding pbass at a budget.

Not really looking for trades atm, the only bass Im interested in is a warwick 5 nt which I am willing to top up w cash plus the bass.

HOWEVER, I may be open to trades for fashion apparels such as branded leather jackets, belts, red wing boots.

Cheers

2. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    bump