SOLD FS: 1983 Fender Fullerton Made Prescion Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BassSurfer, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassSurfer

BassSurfer Supporting Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Brooklyn & Queens, NYC
    For sale is a Honey-Blonde Prescion Bass from Fender's Fullerton era. It is a beautiful bass that sounds, feels, and looks amazing with an excellent P bass tone. I actually acquired it in a trade a few months ago but I am wanting to go back to Gibson basses for now. If you have a Ripper, I would be more than happy to trade!

Another very important note to make is that this bass was involved with Hurricane Sandy. It is unknown if it was COMPLETELY submerged with water (when I arrived back home, the water was receded and many of my beloved items were already dried out!) but there is obvious rusting on the exterior of the input and there is also some slight rusting on the bridge, which is a Badass II bridge. The bass has absolutely no water in it and plays just as it did prior to the storm. The cavity is dry and is workable as it as always was. The bass once had Lindy Fralin P Bass pickups that were rusted (the poles) but worked just fine as well. I will include these FOR FREE.One of them will need some new lead wiring.

It is currently setup with brand new DR Hi Beams and SD SPB-2 pickups. I actually prefer these to the Fralins for their low end. :bassist:

Since this bass was involved in the storm (although it still functions, performs, sounds, and feels like it did not) I will drastically cut the price as opposed to my other FS thread in which this bass was in as well!

How about $710.00 shipped to the CONUS only. If you are international, you will have to add another $100.00 for proper packaging costs. This bass will be shipped USPS priority mail from the New York City area. I will also reserve the right to pull this bass if the bass I am eying is sold, or for other reasons.

Please PM me with any concerns, questions, comments, or anything else regarding this bass. I DO understand this bass encountered salt-water, but the price and explanation should do it justice. Take my word for it. I apologize for the picture order by the way! :bag:

Also, PLEASE ignore the picture of the Jazz Bass headstock. I have no idea how that even got in there!

Here are pictures of the PRE-STORM condition of the bass!
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/...ss-honey-blonde-maple-fb-fralins-baii-926780/

I will weigh it later on tonight as well!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig

Oct 8, 2009
    8,385 feet in the Colorado Rockies
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    First off hope all is better after Sandy for you, second I am in the market and this is so tempting.

3. BassSurfer

BassSurfer Supporting Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Brooklyn & Queens, NYC
    Thanks alot themacinator! Always nice to see and know that people out there actually care. TB ALWAYS feels like family.

ANYWAY

This bass has actually sold to one of the coolest guys on TB. It will ship to the great state of Iowa on Thursday morning!

SOLD.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.