1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fs 1990 PEDULLA MVP 6 NORDY UPGRADES

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Pappasgrind, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Pappasgrind

Pappasgrind Goratory-sour grapes out now!!

Aug 13, 2009
    for sale here is my pedulla mvp 6 with nordstrand big singles and a nordstrand 3b-5b preamp. the red finsh IS transparent. shes got some dings on her you can see in the pictures. she plays perfect sounds great not very heavy at all. i believe the string spacing is 17 at the bridge. its very bright and punchy and really an all around great bass.comes with the (mint) OHSC and goodies. currently strung with a brand new set of dr high beams i put on yesterday. besides the dings its pretty clean for a 23 year old bass! its got really cool flame maple wings that was a pain trying to get a picture of.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty good deal considering i paid $1300 for it then did about $500 in upgrades.
    [ATTACH=full]2065864[/ATTACH]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Dings
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
  3. Awesome!

4. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    Thanks! It may not be a huge deal but i also installed hipshot knobs

5. ledyard

ledyard

Jan 31, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Makes me wish I played 6. I had a 88' MVP 4. Unreal basses and tone. I almost fell over to see how much you want for it! Killer deal especially considering you dont see these often.
    I also watched your video....Nordy or not It has that unmistakable pedulla tone. Those epoxy fretboards are magic.

6. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    I agree the fret board is in a league of its own. It has a unique snap to its tone. I wish i could sit down with a new mvp and a/b test to see the difference

7. ledyard

ledyard

Jan 31, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I'm not a slap/pop guy but I played mine in a metal band(think Mudvayne) finger style. It really added a cool tonal element. Pedulla+Mesa tube amp = unreal tone.

I also wager you would prefer the old MVP in an A/B . Theres just something special about those old Pedulla's.

This is one I wish I could just afford to have sitting around. Good luck with the sale.

8. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    The pictures make it look like there is something wrong with the bridge pickup. The pole pieces are off, almost like you swapped the neck and bridge pickup. I could be wrong and the optical illusion of the pic could just be throwing me off.

9. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    your right. the poles line up except for the B and E string on the bridge, it doesnt affect the the tone though as you can see in the video (i play rolled back on the bridge 50%) my luthier has the right bridge p'up and he should be swapping it out any time now. sorry i didnt mention that i was hoping it wouldve been done by now.

10. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Do you take Paypal?

11. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    I sure do

12. 789string

789string

Jul 22, 2012
    Message sent

13. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    pms responded!!

14. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    Possible sale pending!!!!!:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

15. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    Still for grabs :rolleyes:

16. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    New bridge pup in sounds boss looks boss still up for grabs 1359511258896.jpg

17. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    I wanted to add this picture so you can see what it used to look like. Notice the tops of the pickups are almost inline with the b string that was annoying 1359570796524.jpg

18. bump

19. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    I'm dropping the price i really need the cash at this point $1375 shipped

20. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    What a killer deal!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021