1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS 1991 Fodera Anthony Jackson Signature 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by vilkai, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    Selling to because there's another Fodera 6 I think I want more than this. Mostly because of visual stuff. I'm being horribly superficial. :( If the Fodera I'm after sells, this bass is immediately withdrawn from sale.

A 1991 Anthony Jackson contrabass guitar, modeled after, I think, #8. Jason DeSalvo's letter dated 20th of July, 2010 states that:

the top wood is curly crotch walnut, body is walnut, neck is maple, fingerboard is macassar ebony. Frets are large (and as of now are in great nick!). The bridge is the older Fodera locking bridge.

Since then, the bass has been fitted with Aero dual coil pickups and a Pope custom pre. Sounds pretty fabulous.

Scale is 36" which gives a thunderous and taut B. The c is very much on the meatier side. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know how the guys in Brooklyn do it. ;)

String spacing is variable, currently set at 20mm which I think is pretty much the upper limit for this bass.
    The bass has been gigged, so there are small dings and scratches. One blemish in the back, but it's an old one and is quite stable.

Comes with the Fodera tools, the original Bartolini pickups, the original Fodera/HAZ Lab preamp, Bartolini preamp, appraisal form for your insurance company and red Fodera gig bag.

Asking GBP5300 excl shipping - I feel it is better than the buyer decide the level of service and insurance they want.

Trades? Not really interested in trades. If you have a high end Fodera six, or something that means 4k coming my way, or something like a Fodera or a Smith and are stilling to put cash on top, let me know. Worst I can do is haggle. ;)

AJ601.

pic of the blemish:
    AJ606.

More pics at:

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/prkl0405/Fodera/AJ6/

2. DELACIUS

DELACIUS

Sep 6, 2007
    Croatia
    bump for you ;) .... beautiful bass!

3. PL51

PL51

Feb 9, 2010

4. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    There's also drbakker's Imperial and another Imperial for sale in Europe. Which doesn't make this any easier on me! :D

PL51 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.