1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1995 Ibanez ATK-300 maple board with sturdy hard case. Korean made.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    !!SOLD!!

For sale is my 1995 Ibanez ATK300. This is from the "vintage" first run of ATKs which many people, myself included prefer to the newer ones. IMO, woods are slightly nicer and the profile is slightly thinner. Other than that the only major difference aesthetically and functionally is that this one has the behind the nut truss rod access.

This bass comes with a really heavy duty hard case which I believe is an old SKB based on the design and the original purchase receipt from the 90s that came with the bass! :) It definitely has that "they don't make them like this anymore" weight and sturdiness to it. And it still smells great!

If you are looking at this bass you probably know a bit about ATKs but in case you don't, they were Ibanez' version of the Musicman Stingray which had a lot of market presence in the 90s.

Ibanez came up with a great competitor, and depending on your preferences, they added many "enhanced features."

The bass features a 3 coil active pickup in the stingray spot. There is a coil tap that allows you to get a variety of sounds out of the one pickup. The pickup is mounted into an over-sized high mass bridge which improves sustain and allows you to either string through the bridge or through the body.

There is a 3-band preamp powered by a single 9V battery.

The action on this baby is nice and low and she has tone for days. Great bass for popping and spanking with tone for days. A bit of trivia: Mark White of the Spin Doctors endorsed and played these through the 90s!

The body is sunburst finish and is in excellent condition with just some normal wear on the pick guard you would expect with a 16 year old funk machine. Also note the beautiful flaming on the nut below the 12th fret and by the first fret. She could stand to have the frets polished with steel wool but otherwise she is an absolute beauty and a great player.

I am asking $SOLD!!!! obo for this bass shipped in the hard case which again, is built like a tank. I would prefer not to do trades for now but if you think you have an offer I can't refuse, feel free to PM me.

No international shipping without PMing me first and agreeing on a revised (upward) price to account for addition shipping, insurance, etc.

Pics below. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

photo1.
    photo2.
    photo3.
    photo4.
    photo5.
    photo6.
    photo7.
    photo8.
    photo9.

2. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    IMO these basses are underrated....lots of bass for the price and very well made. You have to like that stingrayish tone but if you do you will be stoked on this bass. GLWTS

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sale pending...

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    And sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.