1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 1996 MIA Fender Precision. Fender 50th Anniversary. Clean and Cheap!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by j.kernodle, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    For sale is a very nice 14 year old Fender Precision with an EMG and OHSC. Its got the Fender 50th Anniversary badge on the back of the headstock. I don't have the original Pickup.

Overall condition is very clean with the most noticeable mark being a ding in the back of the neck that I've tried to picture. It doesn't impede playability. Previous owner drew some lines in the knurled part of the chrome knobs with a sharpie as a position indicator. Not visible unless you look at the knob from the side.

Weight is 9.5 lbs.

Nut width is 1 5/8"

I picked this up locally, recently and the previous owner said he just used it for studio work. based on condition I believe him. I cleaned it up, put a fresh set of DR's on it. Did some settup tweeks and its playing like a champ. The bass has a strong output, wide open it has a very beefy aggressive sound and some high end sizzle from the emg. But if I back the tone off, it thumps hard. The only thing I noticed was that the 20th fret seems a little high. I don't get noticeable fretbuzz till I'm up around the 18th and 19th frets on the D and G string. Frets are in very good condition.

I'm only asking $599 shipped.

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

2. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    el bump.

3. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Trades?

4. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Eric, I pm'd you. But I really need cash. I've priced this pretty aggressively to get it moving. Folks, you won't find a MIA P-bass this nice for this price in too many places.

5. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I sent you a picture of my 1995 Fender Precision, sorry it looks just like the one you selling. let me send you a picture of my other bass.

6. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    PM'd you back Eric. Folks this is still available. But only for a short time. Its gonna go to ebay.

7. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Bump. Excellent condition American Standard Precision. One of THE basses to take with you in the even of the apocolypse. for under $600! How can you go wrong?

8. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    That neck blem and high fret are easily repaired. What a steal on this one!

Free bump

9. Rawkmonkey

Rawkmonkey

Jul 15, 2009
    Fresno, CA
    A P bass with an EMG is a good groover.

10. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    deal done, its off to minnesota.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.