1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS 1997 Roscoe Beck V - As Mint As They Come!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BuffaloBob4343, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLDI do not want to do this :rollno:. This is as fine an example of one of these as I have ever seen. In fact, I can't imagine a 1997 that could be in this condition. I have examined this bass with a fine tooth comb and you will not find a ding, a scratch or a dent anywhere on this bass. I can't even find a swirl mark.

The Pau Ferro board is beautifully figured and is a perfect compliment to the Shoreline Gold color. The maple neck has a nice flame figuring and the chrome literally looks band new. I put brand new Sadowsky blue nickels on her, and the bass sounds awesome and plays perfectly. The neck pocket is tight and is really resonant. I can find no dead spots. I am the second owner of this bass and the original owner claimed it was stored under his bed for most of its life. It would have to have been to be in this condition.

DSC00615.

DSC00632.

DSC00631.

DSC00620.

DSC00612.

DSC00637.

DSC00642.

DSC00646.

DSC00649.

Bass comes with original Fender tweed case, truss rod tool, allen wrench, and the original Fender instrument cord, strap and manual that came with the bass. The only issue is that it needs a new tone pot, which I am told by Guitar Center runs about $10. The push-pull function that reduces the neck pick-up by 25% works, but the tone adjustment is limited.

SOLD. I really prefer to limit shipping to CONUS, but I may consider overseas shipping under the right circumstances. I also prefer PayPal as payment, but will accept Cashier's check or Money Order from CONUS customers only. Please PM me with any questions.

As for trades, I really need cash, so cash deals get first priority. At this time, I will consider only trades that will net me at least $700 and the only basses I will consider are Fender P-basses at this time. Thanks for your understanding.

2. Bump

3. jeremyr

jeremyr

Sep 4, 2006
    Maywood, IL
    PM sent.

4. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    If only you needed a Rickenbacker!!!

5. Brad Hanback

Brad Hanback Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    How does the tone compare to the American Deluxe Jazz Basses and the American Deluxe Precision Basses? I'm not sure what the sonic differences might be.

Any thoughts?

Bradley

6. Yeah, unfortunately what I need is cash. Otherwise this sweetheart would be going no where. This could be a collector's bass it is so minty.

As I mentioned, the ONLY trade I can consider at this time is a medium priced Fender P-bass (i.e. $600 or less). The only reason I am willing to consider that is I could use a back-up to my Sadowsky P-bass.

7. Well, this is a jazz all the way. You can get a P-bass like tone with the neck soloed in dual mode, but it is a jazz bass.

The big differences between this bass and the American jazz bass is that you can operate in a single coil mode, like the American deluxe, or you can operate in a dual humbucker mode, which gives you a beefier and quieter operation. You can get either Musicman pup combination of HH and SH. Plus, you can operate with the dual single coils in series or in parallel.

I have not played an American Deluxe fiver, but the B string on this bass is incredible for a 34" scale. Also, the asymmetric neck profile makes this 19mm fiver easy to play. It has a neck profile very similar to my Dingwall.

8. All PM's returned and the this beauty is still available.

9. Brad Hanback

Brad Hanback Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    Payment sent

10. And received! Enjoy Brad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.