1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: 1997 Warwick Thumb 5 NT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jnprather, Sep 16, 2008.

1. After throwing around the idea for well over the last year, i've finally decided to go ahead and put my Warwick up for sale. I know I might regret it but, it is not getting played like it should.

The bass in question is a 1997 Warwick Thumb 5 string (Neck-Through).

The bass has a Bubinga body, with a 7-piece Bubinga/Wenge neck, and a Wenge fingerboard. It has a gold-hardware upgrade, and the original MEC 18v electronics, with 3-band EQ and active/passive switch. The Scale is 34" and has a tight 16.5 mm spacing.

This is a very special bass. For Warwick-nuts, this bass represents the last of an era, and is one of the last of the "hand-built" basses. It is also one of the last of the fully Bubinga/Wenge thumbs (Ovangkol was used in the neck not soon after this bass was built). It also has the sought-after brass nut. This is as good as it gets for the "Warwick sound". The B-string on this thing is what made me fall in love with it, and I will probably miss it for that alone.

I am the second owner of the bass, and bought it around 2002-2003. The bass was in virtually new condition when I bought it, and it honestly has not changed much since. The only real blemish I can find are a couple of very minor scuffs towards the top of the headstock. The wood is in excellent shape, and was regularly waxed since the beginning.

The bass was recently given a full setup/cleaning by Greg Menacho at MSG Guitar Repair and plays better than ever.

The bass comes with its original Warwick hardshell case, that shows some wear, but is in very good condition. The bass was gigged 5 times, so it does not have any kind of extended road wear. Also included is the Comfort-Strapp with straplocks that I have used, and will include a can of wax that is running low but still has enough wax for 2-3 waxings.

Price: $1800 shipped

Pics are below, if anybody wants any other pics of it, or has questions, feel free to ask.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    Beauty...

3. Biggity Bump

4. International shipping, yes/no?