1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1998 Warwick Streamer Stage 2 - 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jasonbraatz, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    This is a great bass, and it pains me to do this, but I'm not playing it any more so I can't justify hanging on to it. It's been played heavily all around the country, and has a few wear spots here and there. Much better feel and tone than the newer Warwicks, and it has the coveted brass nut and wenge neck.

Unfortunately, it also has a hairline crack in the body by the control cavity. I took it to a luthier and they said that this happens with woods this hard all the time, it won't move, and it's not fixable unless they break it and reglue it. And that's not happening.

I'll edit this with pics when I get home, I just wanted to get this out there.

$2000 w/OHSC (in decent shape) / obo.

2. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    My first Warwick Thumb Bolt On 5 String had this "hairline" crack you mentioned. It occured where the fretboard met up with the body in between the joint and neck pickup. Hardly noticable, the wax covered and hid it quite well and it never affected the playability...

Hope that helps if anyone has issues with the "hairline" crack thing.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.