1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1999 Warwick Thumb NT 5 with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dave Siff, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a beautiful instrument with that unmistakable, growling Thumb Bass tone. But, I'm about to be playing a lot less 5-string, so she's got to go.
    As the previous owner states here, '99 was the year Warwick transitioned to ovangkol, but this bass has the old-school Thumb Bass woods: bubinga body, seven-piece wenge/bubinga neck, wenge 26-fret board.
    I changed the tuners to black Hipshot Ultralites, which shaved 1/2 a pound off the headstock. I will include the old tuners if requested. I'll also include a very nice 4" wide brown Italia leather strap with Straplocks installed. Thumbs are notorious for poor balance, but between the wide strap and the lighter tuners, this bass balances just about perfectly.
    I've waxed the bass regularly since I got it with Howard's Feed 'N Wax. Cosmetically, the bass is in the same condition I received it in four months ago. Great condition for a 13-year-old bass, just a few minor scuffs and scratches. There's a ding on the back of the neck behind the 4th fret, you can see a picture on the original For Sale thread. I can take more pictures if anyone wants. The bass will come well-packed in a Warwick Rockbag.
    I'm looking for $1800 shipped, CONUS only. No trades, I'm thinning the herd!
    Here's a pic from right after I got it. This is before the tuner swap. I also changed the strings to DR (Long Neck tapered B, Fat Beams E-G. It's much easier to use a tapered B with this bridge.)

IMG00266-20120404-1550.

2. steelin4u

steelin4u Supporting Member

Free bump...I was seriously jonesing for this exact bass back when R.M. was selling it! It's too bad I spent all of my funds! The quintessential Warwick wood combo. GLWTS.

3. Price drop to $1800 shipped! Someone's gotta want this awesome bass at that price.

4. Bump

5. noelnv

noelnv

Aug 19, 2009
    Buffalo Grove, IL
    PM Sent

6. Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.