FS - 2 Lakland (Scheff / 4402)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by psus16, Aug 15, 2013.

1. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    MORE PRICE REDUCTIONS!!!

Self employment / prepayment of taxes / medical bills

NONE of them are as nice as playing a few laklands in a band, but I can't delay the inevitable any longer...

2 laklands for sale. USA shipping preferred, and buyer covers shipping. I have cases to ship the basses in...neither are lakland cases, but I am willing to negotiate in fender hardshell SKB cases if the buyer wants a non-generic case. (which cost around $100 when I bought them)

4402 - ($850) -> reduced to $SOLD -> includes case AND SHIPPING!!

Pretty good shape. I'd give it at least an 8.5 out of 10. LIGHTweight, great balance, and my favorite neck of all my basses. Its got 1 or 2 SMALL "impressions" on the neck that I can't feel when I play. Also has a d-tuner installed. The tech who installed it said the first screw SNAPPED on install, so there is a small impression from where the screw slid across the back of the headstock. (picture attached) You probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wouldn't have mentioned it. But honesty/fulldisclosure are important. SOLID tone, SOLID bass... I will miss this bass... my first lakland.

(the bass isn't as washed out as it appear in the front shot)

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/risenindeed/lakland sale/IMG_3044.jpg
    http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/risenindeed/lakland sale/IMG_3046.jpg
    http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/risenindeed/lakland sale/IMG_3049.jpg

Lakland skyline SCHEFF!! - ($950) -> reduced to $875 -> includes case AND SHIPPING!!

I bought this bass here on the forum from ed friedland. GREAT bass with AMAZING tone possibilities. Pickups/placement really give this thing its own sound. The preamp was replaced before I purchased it with a DELANO 3-band preamp. (the original preamp malfunctioned/died/etc) WOW... what a great match of preamp/pickups! My favorite thing about this preamp is that when it is set FLAT, the difference between passive and active is nearly NOTHING. So, since I always favored a near-flat setting, I could use the passive/active settings to create 2 separate basses just by popping the volume/passive knob. (set the active side to a more extreme-effect type sound). I find the preamp to be natural when making small eq adjustments, until you get to the "extremes".

The bass is in the same shape that I got it...lightly played, but really awesome shape. EARLY skyline, early scheff...AMAZING color

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/risenindeed/lakland sale/IMG_3052.jpg
    http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/risenindeed/lakland sale/IMG_3056.jpg

I'll try to check the forum a few times a day to answer questions... blessings.

2. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    +1 to the Scheff...
    I had a Shoreline Gold Skyline Scheff for a short time and loved it!!
    It actually made me go hunt down the US big brother Scheff.
    The pickups in these are amazing!
    GLWTS

3. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    If the Scheff was a 5 I would be all over it! Oh well, I will keep looking. Good luck with your sales. These shouldn't last long.

4. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    FREE FENDER SKB CASE BUMP!! :hyper:

If someone purchases 1 of these in the next 24 hours, I'll toss in the fender flight case for free.

Shoot me a PM with questions... :bassist:

(my 4 year old daughter is sitting at the computer with me and insisted I add the "jumping jack smiley face" and the "bass player" to this bump. HAHA!)

5. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Scheffs are great basses! I love mine, awesome tones.

6. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    ^ what he said!!!! if this were a 5er I would be all over it!

7. amstudio

amstudio

Jul 3, 2010
    Medley, Fl
    Pics?

8. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    The links in the original post should have pictures of both basses.

I had a request for a picture of the back of each neck. I will try to post those today.

9. amstudio

amstudio

Jul 3, 2010
    Medley, Fl
    I dont see the pics of the original post.

10. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    Are the links not working? They appear to work for me?

11. amstudio

amstudio

Jul 3, 2010
    Medley, Fl
    They don't work for me.

12. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    If you're viewing this post from a cell phone app, it's not working. I have an iPhone and chose "view in safari" which reveals the links, which have the pictures.

13. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
  14. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    Bump for a price reduction - grab these and play the heck out of them!!

15. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm SO tempted with that Scheff, though the color isn't my favorite.

What blemishes am I seeing in the pictures? Looks like one on back of the headstock and is that a scratch on the back of the body or just lighting reflection?

16. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    I'll take some better pictures and post them tomorrow morning. I'll go over the scheff bass in particular and try to better describe any blemishes... (The bass is locked in my practice space at work)

17. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I also once had a golden skyline scheff. I wonder if this is it?

18. IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg

19. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    thanks for the help with posting pictures... I can't ever remember what the proper protocol is (forum etiquette, etc)

I had a few questions about the "body" of the scheff... There are 2 impressions that I could find on the body, which do NOT go through the paint. Because the "color" is so vibrant, you have to hold the bass at an off angle to see the impressions. One is on the front where your arm would normally cover and the other is on the back (probably from pants/jeans/etc)

There are a few "swirl" scratches which I could have had buffed out easily (mainly again on the back) but nothing which penetrates beyond the clear. The scheff has indeed been played, and shows some "small darker" regions on the back of the neck, but I find that the satin finish necks show wear more easily...

Here the pics of the SMALL impressions;

FRONT - look in the light reflection - (smaller than a pinky fingernail...the pickup should give a relative size comparison)
    IMG_4287.jpg

BACK - (below the screws - SUPER HARD TO photograph)
    IMG_4288.jpg

20. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    TTT

A few nibbles, but no bites. Solid basses. Worst thing I can do to an offer via PM is say no, so if you're interested, make an offer! :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021