Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: 2 set pickups

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Balor, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    I have a set (neck and bridge pickup) of DC45 from EMG and a set of custom wound Seymour Duncan to sell.

The EMG's have some have been played for sometime now and show a bit of wear and tear, nothing to noticeable. I'm selling these for lack of lows... though they have a very cutting sound in my bass I want to hear a bit more real lows.

The Seymour Duncan where ordered for a 7 string that is still being build. They're still in the shipping box. The string spacing as changed and I'm affraid that they wont cover it all. These are P4 shells (Bartolini P4 shell) with an extented magnet structure. They should be perfect for a 100mm spacing at the bridge. Think wide 6 or narrow 7...:)

Make an offer... not sure how much I should ask for the EMGs, but something around US$150 should do. As for the SD, they were very expensive because they are custom, I paid 500 US dollar for the set.

Buyer pays shipping.

2. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I am interest in your EMG pu's. Are you willing to negotiate on price? I'm not trying to low ball you, it's just that I have found them for $160 new with pots included. Thanks.

3. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    bump

4. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    The bass. The deterioration I talked about can be seen on the bridge pickup. It's nt much, but it's there.

5. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Would EMG DC45s work on a 5 string?

Are you willing to negotiate price?

6. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    I don't see any problem there. The magnets are continuous strips, string spacing, as long as it fits under the magnet, is not a problem. EMGs magnet structure
    Check the link for a clearer description.

As for the price, I said around 150. It's not fixed, PM me if you have an offer to make.

take care
    PL

7. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    $130 + shiping for the EMGs should do. As for the Seymour Duncan, something around $320 + shipping will be considered. These are custom wound pickups, there around $250 a piece direct from the custom shop at SM...

PL