Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: 2000 Ernie Ball Stingray - Black/Maple - 750 Shipped OBO

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tplyons, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    [​IMG]
    More pics at: www.leuchtnet.com/sale/stingray/

Hey guys, I just bought that delectible '78 Precision, so this baby's gotta go. Sorry to say, but the Ray just hasn't been quite what I've been looking for for a little while.

Long story short: 2000 Ernie Ball Stingray, Black body, maple neck and mirror pickguard. Also throwing in the original B/W/B guard as well. OHSC included. $750 shipped to CUSA only OBO.

The neck: No neck date. One piece maple, very little figure. Bass is in pretty good shape, no dings or dents to the neck, just some dirt. The headstock has a few tiny dings from regular use. The neck is fast and straight and never moves, the frets are good and even. The fingerboard is dirty, but I'll clean it upon request.

The body: Neck pocket is tight. Great overall shape minus a few dings. Has a bit of belt buckle rash but no deep scratches. A tiny pair of nicks by the forward strap button, a nick on the back about four inches above the rear strap button and a nick an inch above the input jack. The only major concern is by the bridge: my FORMER tech removed the bridge and reinstalled it. The bridge pushed forward causing the paint to bubble a little bit right in front of the treble side of the bridge. It's only noticable if you're looking for it though.

Electronics: Three band EQ. Dated 4/27/02. Sound good, no scratching, no problem.

The case: It's the original SKB type Music Man case. It does what a case does, protects the bass and it shows it. Corner is cracked and sometimes the metal edges don't line up properly, but with a slight adjustment the case locks up tight. Otherwise it's in very good condition.

And, last but not least, two pickguards. Mirror pickguard from WD Music Products and the original B/W/B guard (not pictured) Price is good shipped to CUSA only. Will accept other offers, but please no trades. Postal Money Order or Bank Check preferred unless you want to pay the eBay fees. Will ship UPS Ground.

tim@tplyons if you have any other questions or IM me on AIM: Leucht87.

2. Do you still have your Stingray for sale? Chuck

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sorry bass sold. Thanks anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.