1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 2001 Fender Standard Jazz 5 MIM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by worxforme, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    I have a new version USA jazz 5 so I an selling my 2001 MIM.

It sounds great so I played it, this also means the cosmetics are not perfect the worst of which are shown in the last 2 pictures.

I would rate it a G+ cosmetically. (I rate hard) Playing wise I would rate it a VG.

The bass has it's share of bumps and the worst are shown in the pics. It looks great while it's being played, and would make a great back up. (That's what I used it for once I got my 2009 USA)

The headstock was cracked near the first tuner from a live gig bump and it has been repaired using a method that makes it stronger than it was originally, and it can never break unless the bass is placed in a chipper-shredder. You can't see it from the front (of course if you traced the line from the back around you can figure out where it is) You can see that in the second to last pic. The last pic is the worst cosmetic bottom "corner" of the bass(where an output jack would be on a Deluxe) and can't be seen while playing.

The neck is straight and the truss rod works well. There is no rust on any of the parts except a little on the adjustment screws on the bridge. Jack plate is shinny and pick guard has some scratches from being played.

As far as playing; it plays great and sounds great. I have all my basses set up a little higher than some people so I am including a brand new set of medium Dulop Nickel strings so you can set it up just how you want it.

Weights in just under 10 lbs. on the digital bathroom scale.

Again, this would make a great 5 string for any player and a perfect backup.

FenderJazz015. FenderJazz006. FenderJazz009. FenderJazz008. FenderJazz010. FenderJazz011. FenderJazz012. FenderJazz002-1. FenderJazz004-1.

Firm price of $265 shipped insured FedEx ground to the 48. USPS postal MO for this one. I will include a light TKL gig bag and it will be well packed. Sorry, no trades.

2. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Sold pending payment.

TalkBass is still the best!!

3. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Paid for and shipped and closed.

Thread Status: