1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 2001 MIM Fender P Special w/upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by snappytom, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Up for sale is this MIM Fender P Special that i got from GaryLC in March of this year. I am thinning the herd and raising cash for a Lakland.

This is a very nice bass and still matches the description by Gary (and birminghambass) quoted below. The only change I have made is to add a BadAss II bridge, which is another nice upgrade.

"2001 Fender Precision Special. P body with Jazz width neck. Simply put this bass kills! No dead spots, no neck pocket gap, no high frets, no issues at all. I've owned 4 P Specials over the last 3 years (I love the PJ tone, just no other way to get it) and this was the only one I've kept. IMO better construction than the last MIA Jazz I had. Upgraded the pickguard to a genuine Fender shell, upgraded the pickups to Seymour Duncan active Lightinin' Rods. These are my favorite PJ pickups, somewhere between vintage and modern with a perfect volume balance between P and J. "​

Here is the thread from the previous deal;
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409602&highlight=special

The original bridge and a MusiciansFriend gig bag will be included.

$425 shipped UPS or DHL ground to the Continental United States only. PayPal accepted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drobinsn

drobinsn Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    2 pms sent.

3. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    Is the neck satin or lacquered?

4. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    I would say the neck has a satin finish. Slight gloss, but not an extra shiny appearance.

Cheapo bathroom scale weight samples consistently come in at just under 9 lbs.

5. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    On hold, pending payment.

6. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Sold !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.