FS: 2002 Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay, Translucent Purple, EXC+, $850 firm

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by funkdaddy, Sep 15, 2004.

1. FOR SALE: 2002 Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay (4-string) in EXC+ condition. Cool-looking Translucent Purple finish which looks "grape" in color (it's definitely not on the fuchsia or magenta side of purple!). This is a somewhat rare color which Ernie Ball offered for only a year or two. The pickguard is White Pearloid and looks great on the Translucent Purple body. Has a maple fingerboard with nice "figure", and the back of the maple neck also has some nice figure with flame and a bit of birdseye (this is seldom seen on recent Ernie Ball basses). Has the standard 2-band EQ which I believe sounds more similar to the pre-EB StingRays than the optional 3-band EQ. I hand-picked this bass after trying out 5 or 6 other StingRays at a local music store. I found this one to be the best of the bunch in terms of tone, weight, construction, looks and overall "vibe".

This bass is as close to "Mint" as a pre-owned bass can be, but I won't describe the condition as such since it's not brand new...so instead I'll describe the condition as "EXC+". I've played this bass at home only (very low hours of use), and there are no noticeable scratches, dings or other cosmetic issues. The frets are in great shape, too.

Comes with the original Music Man case, unused cleaning cloth and Music Man hang tags. $850 plus shipping/insurance (sorry...not interested in a trade). Please e-mail me (banks1127@yahoo.com) for more information or to request pics.