1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 2003-04ish American Standard Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FloydianAnimal, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloydianAnimal

FloydianAnimal Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    I have a circa 2003-2004 MIA Jazz bass that I'd be looking to sell now. It's black/black/maple, it has a hipshot D-tuner, Badass III, EMG's with battery box installed, and it would come with a padded G&L gig bag. I have the original tuner and note the battery box would be handy for preamps too. I no longer have the original pickups- sorry. The main condition issue is there is a crack by the headstock- it was professionally fixed and has been fine, but its obviously worth noting. There are a few dings in the finish- its got some mojo. Here's a couple pics of the bass:

DSC01758.

Gearpics3_21_10048.

I'm mainly looking to sell this locally so I don't have to ship it: $650 for a local sale- add shipping for out of the area. I'll also consider a trade towards a EBMM Stingray 4. I'm local to the SF Bay Area.

Thanks! :hyper:

2. FloydianAnimal

Jun 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    bump!

3. SevenDayBass

SevenDayBass

Jul 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    Can you please post a pic of the repair near the headstock? Thanks

4. PMed

5. FloydianAnimal

Jun 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Okay, since I've gotten more interest in the bass, I figured I should put up more pictures of the bass too! :hyper:

Here's some of the neck and headstock:

DSC01824.

DSC01822.

DSC01821.

DSC01759.

6. FloydianAnimal

Jun 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    A couple miscellaneous shots:

DSC01768.

DSC01817.

DSC01818.

As you can see, the crack that was repaired by the headstock is visible, but it's flat to the surface of the bass and doesn't mess with the stability or the playability of the bass. Also note the battery box and that this bass now has Schaller strap buttons not Dunlop strap buttons.

Hopefully these pics help detail what to expect condition wise with the bass. PM me with anymore questions :)

7. FloydianAnimal

Jun 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    bump! :D

8. I love this model year, my main player is an '04. I love quartersawn necks!

9. Ezmar

Ezmar

Jul 8, 2010
    What kind of difference in sound do the Pickups get, compared to "Regular" Passive Pups?

10. FloydianAnimal

Jun 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    I would say EMG's are more modern sounding and more Hi-Fi versus the stock Fender pickups. Higher output too. EMG's are great for rock but they work for anything really.

11. FloydianAnimal

Jun 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    bump! :D

12. FloydianAnimal

Jun 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    sold locally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.