1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: 2004/2005 Fender Mustang Bass MIJ | Lake Placid Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by back2thefuture, Oct 21, 2013.

1. back2thefuture

back2thefuture

Aug 26, 2011
    Austin
    Selling my MIJ Fender Mustang bass in beautiful Lake Placid Blue.

I bought this bass used on eBay from a seller in Japan a few months ago. I keep trying to talk myself into it, but I just cannot get used to the shorter scale. It's too bad because I love looking at it. Having said that...

This color is extremely rare and you will be hard pressed to find another Mustang like this. Serial number says it was made at the Fuji-gen Plant for Fender Japan in 2004/2005. Fender Japan model number is MB98-70SD. Serial number is R002966.

It has a few small battle scars on the back which I tried to capture in the photos, other than that it's in great shape. Normal wear, nothing major. A small chip on the back near the center, a ding next to the neck plate, and a scratch on the bottom horn. The front is near flawless.

Neck is nice and straight. I buffed the frets since taking these photos so they're super shiny now. The original thumb rest was not included when I bought it, but a new one is less than $10.

100% stock other than the felt washers I added where the strap pins meet the body. Also comes with a black Fender Mustang bass gig bag and brand new unopened set of GHS Boomers medium scale strings (45-105).

This thing sounds absolutely fantastic. Probably sits better in the mix than either of my p basses, but again the short scale isn't for me.

Weight: ~7.5lbs. I don't have a scale to measure it exactly.
    Scale length: 30"
    Width at nut: 1.50"

$600 shipped anywhere in the United States or Canada. Not interested in any trades right now. PM with questions.

Lots of pics here: http://imgur.com/a/UVoX9

O0cg5Rah.
    R8CHLA9h.
    nRpxd34h.

riccardo santia likes this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I'm jealous. I love my vintage white MIJ mustang but this is beautiful.

3. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NYC via StL
  4. This thing is sweeeeeeeeeeet!

5. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I snagged one of your pics when you first posted about this bass and have been using it for my desktop image on my work computer. I'm a sucker for blue basses and this is a beauty! GLWS.

6. back2thefuture

back2thefuture

Aug 26, 2011
    Austin
    SOLD!

7. riccardo santia

riccardo santia

Feb 22, 2018
    is it still available??
    Riccardo

8. riccardo santia

riccardo santia