SOLD FS: 2004 LPB Skyline Glaub w/ Jazz Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Johnny Alien, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feeling this one out...

2004 Korean made Skyline Glaub in rare lake placid blue. Even rare this one has a factory stock jazz taper neck. I have only seen one or two other Skyline Glaubs like this. It's an early one and like most from that era this is extremely close to a US model. The finish is beautiful and in great condition.

It was at one time routed for a Darkstar by the Lakland factory but was put back to stock with the Fralin pickup (that work was also done at the Lakland factory). The job was done great and very little wood was removed in the process. There is a switch still remaining from the Darkstar (under the guard) but it does not harm so I never bothered removing it.

It has a brand new Jeannie's parchment pickguard and I will also include a W/B/W Jeannie's pickguard. The tuners were replaced at some point with US Hipshot lightweight tuners vs. the foreign made ones.

This is a fantastic and uncommon Glaub and will make anyone here happy. It has brand new Sunbeams, the neck is straight and the action low. Frets are in great shape and it weighs about 8.5lbs. As far as Skylines go they don't get any better from what I have seen. Comes with a Roadrunner deluxe gigbag.

$920 shipped in the US.

P1000664.jpg

daf86ae8.jpg

P1000666.jpg

8be47ab7.jpg

648018fa.jpg

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Johnny...are you feeling OK?

this is an uber cool bass...

I can vouch for the comment about being "US like"....I had one of a similar vintage and took it to Carl Pedigo (Lakland's first "employee") for a set up...he asked me when I got the new US Lakie before he looked closely at the headstock!

3. I have my eye on something Lakland related don't worry. This bass is incredible and I probably should rethink this though. LPB and a jazz neck too.

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    This ^

:)

unless the "new Lakie" is cooler...

5. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Cedar Park, TX
    Awesome bass! And I have been thinking about a Glaub... Must resist!

6. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

So this is, essentially, a Duck Dunn bass, yes? P with thin neck?

Would you consider trading for a Joe Osbourne 4-string? Sunburst with mint 'guard. Skyline, Barely played, Plek'd.

7. Dunns have blocks and bindings plus this was made before there was a standard Duck Dunn model but yes it's similar in that it has a jazz width neck. That was an option in the first 2 years but I am not sure many were made that way.

I am not looking for trades at the moment I am chasing some stuff down and need the cash.

8. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yikes...that's the perfect Lakland Skyline!

9. It's an amazing playing and sounding bass.

Some additional info I have gotten questions about.....1. The body is ash like every Skyline. To my knowledge there has never been even one alder body Skyline. That aside this is not a bright and snappy bass. It is very warm and comparable to my US Lakland with an alder body. That was the great part about Fralins to me. They are a warm pickup and really give a great 60's tone to the Glaub. 2. There are a few pickgard holes that were drilled right next to existing holes. This seems to have been done when the guard for the Dark Star was installed. The current guards are accurate Korean Glaub guards so the other holes were plugged a bit with toothpicks. There are only 3 or 4 (if that) and they are right beside existing holes.

10. On hold pending payment.

11. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Come to papa.

12. Sold.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.