1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: 2005 White Fender Mustang RI With New Fender Mustang Hard Shell Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bunny10, Oct 24, 2009.

1. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    I am selling this 2005 white Fender Mustang RI bass. Serial R029***

It is in very good condition. There are no scratches or gouges on the body or neck. The pick guard has minimal wear due to playing.

A cut was made in the pick guard by my luthier to allow the neck to be adjusted without taking the neck off. This is the only modification that has been done to this bass. This was done because of the extreme changes in weather that we go through here in the north east

It is strung with Pyramid Gold Flat strings. With the Pyramid flats this bass sounds like a thump machine.

I am asking $ 475 for the bass (shipping included), which also includes a brand new Fender Mustang hard shell case (see the pictures below). SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC02162.

DSC02184.

DSC02186.

DSC02165.

DSC02167.

DSC02168.

DSC02174.

DSC02175.

2. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    PM'd ya!

3. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Next in line, please. :)

4. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    Next in line for what?

5. bui

bui

Feb 24, 2009
    Texas
    I think he's calling 2nd dibs in case the first guy falls through. It's always safe to do so (that's how I ended up getting my latest bass :smug:).

6. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Thanks, bui! Took the words right out of my mouth.

7. These little basses rock!

(They rock even more with Aeros...)

-GB

8. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    There is no next in line or calling 2nd dibs.

The first person to say they want to buy the bass and pay for it gets it. Period.

Until someone comes up with the money all interested parties have equal standing.

9. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Did you do that work on the PG to get access to the truss nut?

10. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    Read much?

I agree about the dibs issue. Just fork over the money if ya got it, right?

bump for a beauty :smug:

11. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I almost auto-posted that this was my old Mustang when I saw the pic with the route for truss rod access. I had 'stang I sold on talkbass a while back where I did this mod. Then I read that you'd had this mod done yourself. I have to say that while the truss rod acces route was a good idea for a mod, I never used it. The neck on my Mustang was as stable as my "baseball bat" warwick neck (which NEVER needs tweaking).

These are nice short scalers.

12. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I guess not enough.

Free bump for a nice bass.

13. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    I agree. I have never used the mod either as the neck is the most stable neck I have ever seen. But I have done this on other basses and on some it has proven invaluable. So when I originally bought it I just had the cut done as I usually do.

14. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Good luck with the sale. I'm no longer interested. Sorry, I've seen other threads where people do sort of get in a nice line for something. I usually sell things based on first contact and I go on down the list as a matter of courtesy. But that is just me and I respect your right to sell your bass in any way you feel appropriate.

At any rate, another free bump for a great short scale.

15. +1

16. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    Sorry to all of you who have asked, but at this time I am not interested in any trades. Cash only.

Thanks for the offers. Some were very tempting.

17. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    I might trade for the following:

I might be interested in a Variax bass plus all accessories as a trade. I am interested in trying an experiment with transplanting the guts of the bass.

18. MHensleyJr

MHensleyJr Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Redlands, CA
    You and me both...:scowl:

19. scarekrow

scarekrow

Jan 27, 2007
    Do you still have this? Please PM me, I check that more often than tryin to find threads. Thanx!

20. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    A lot of discussions with interested buyers. Hopefully it is going to be gone in the next couple of days. First paypal payment takes it.

Good Luck to all.