1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS 2006 Fodera NYC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basses55, Dec 19, 2006.

1. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Here is an excellent "modern Jazz" bass in mint condition that was featured at the 2006 NAMM show. It looks, plays and sounds great- similiar to my other Fodera but with even a more traditional Jazz bass vibe - kind of a great combination of both worlds. Its punchy , open, and big sounding but has a kind of "sophistication" that is part of the Fodera sound. The reason why I'm selling is because I already have another Fodera ...and I'd like to "thin the herd"..so if someone wants it here's your chance to save some $$....
    The top is fantastic and quite dramatic- a great 3 dimensional piece of quilted maple, beautiful ash grain on the back too, and a lovely headstock. Its a very reasonable weight and the action is low with no buzz. Pre sounds killer in these basses- but it also goes passive with a passive tone ( like other Foderas). B string is tight and very responsive. It's pretty rare to see any of these up for sale used - at least that I've seen.

Here are the specs:
    -34"
    -ash body
    -quilted maple top , headstock
    -3 piece maple neck
    -maple fingerboard
    -Fodera custom Aero pups
    -Pope preamp

Bass comes with original Fodera hardshell case in mint cond too.
    These basses list for $4100.

*$2900* . I will consider other forms of payment but prefer Paypal, and also will consider shipping to other countries depending on costs.

Sorry, no trades.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks for taking a look!

2. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Some other shots:

3. brandonwong

brandonwong Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Wow!!! THis is the coolest NYC.

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Very nice looking bass. Good luck with the sale. There can't be too many of those in Toronto.

5. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Thanks!

I dont know , but I would imagine not too many around here.

6. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump..

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The quilt on that bass is incredible. The only other bass with quilt that nice was that Ritter that EBMatt had (still has?) If I had $3,100, I would buy that bass just to look at it.:cool:

8. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump for any new offers (only possible trade considerations are for Celinders at this time)

Thanks!

9. That my friend is one pretty bass.. usually don't go for natural finish basses.. but that really grabs my attention!!!! Wishfull thinking for sure.. I have never played a Fodera.. but would love to try one sometime..

10. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump .....now still for sale with a price reduction.

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    holy mother...

12. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    that is a hot bass!!!

13. Jakeahearts

Jakeahearts Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Seattle
    If you're interested in a Sadowsky 24-5 please let me know...

14. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

I know its a great bass..but I'm trying to end up with fewer basses:)

Thanks for the offer!

15. gorgeous bass!!!! i wish had the money

good luck with the sell

16. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Me too.

17. Dang that thing is smokin!

18. Ugh, I'd love to bring that back to Buffalo with me! Wishful thinking. Bump for a beauty.

19. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Thanks for posting everyone....:)

I know alot of people want to trade..just cant do that at this time, but reasonable cash offers always considered!

20. Hm, one of the nicest Fodera NYCs I've seen. Look at your PMs! :)