1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 2006 Lakland DJ5, aeros/audere, Black Sparkle/rosewood!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by voodoobassist, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voodoobassist

voodoobassist Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    I've got a 2006 Lakland DJ5, black sparkle, rosewood board, and original aero pups. I replaced the passive tone plate with an audere pre, which has the proper curved plate, the original passive plate is included as well. SALE PRICE IS $1050 plus $40 for shipping.

The weight is right around 10 lbs, I don't have a scale to get an exact weight, but my guesstimate is pretty close.

Condition on the bass is very good. I'm the original owner and used this for my main player for about 4 years. I have 3 guards for it, 2 white and 1 tortoise. The tortoise has quite a bit of wear. I got it used on TB and it looks like the previous owner was a pick player. The back of the bass has quite a bit of swirling from playing. Nothing through the finish on the bass though. I would think the swirling on the back could be buffed out. Including the most unflattering pic of the swirling I could get, direct sunlight, angled to highlight the swirls. BTW, the sticker on the white guard has been removed, it was my old band's logo.

One thing to note, I'm a smoker and play smoky bars, so the bass and the gigbag, cheap roadrunner, definitely smell of tobacco.

Great bass, only trade interests are a pair of QSC k10's or K12's, or possibly a nice fretless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LowGrowl

LowGrowl

Jan 20, 2011
    Mexico City
    Interested!
    This one have the headstock painted black also?
    Any fret wear?

Thanks!

3. LowGrowl

LowGrowl

Jan 20, 2011
    Mexico City
    PM Sent

4. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    Bump for a great guy to deal with.

5. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    PM's replied, and to answer some questions, frets are in very good condition. The bass only has about 4 years of actual play time on it. It hung in a small mom and pop shop for several years before I purchased it.

Also, I'm limiting the sale to the continental US only. My apologies to those outside the borders. It's stressful enough waiting on a bass to arrive safely without figuring in customs, overseas shipping, and all that goes with that.

PS, it does have the matching black headstock, it does not have the darryl jones sig though. I think they stopped doing the sig after the first few years of production.

6. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    This one may be spoken for, putting it on temporary hold until I hear back from the interested party.

7. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.