1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 2006 Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn (Fralin!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fclefgeoff, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    SOLD!

2006 Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn Signature
    Made in Korea & assembled in Chicago

It features a Candy Apple Red finish with matching headstock, and blocks & binding on the neck. Although it is P-Bass, it has a Jazz neck profile. It is a very fast & comfortable neck with low action and currently strung with Rotosound Flats. It also features the sought after Lindy Fralin pickup (later models have a Hanson/Lakland pickup). I have also installed Dunlop strap locks on it as well.

I’d say condition is a very conservative 9 out of 10. This bass weighs 9 lbs. exactly on my veterinarian's scale. There a few scratches on the back, and a tiny ding on the front of the bass that doesn’t go through the paint (less than ¼” in size). I couldn't get the ding to even show up in photos. There is also a small amount of rust on one of the pup poles and one of the saddle screws. This bass has been used by me but it was always a back-up so it is very clean.

It currently has a cream pearloid pickguard installed (Jeannie's custom) but I will include the stock Lakland PG, too. I’ll also throw in a soft/hard case from Stew Mac that is similar to this Gator case.

Looking for $850 shipped in the Con US (Paypal preferred) or $825 for local sale (I'm 40 miles SW of Chicago). Sorry, not interested in trades at this time.

FYI, The Duck Dunn is now known as the 44-64 model. You can check the specs at their website.

http://www.lakland.com/44-64-custom.htm

scratches on back...

tiny ding...

2. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi,
    Nice bass.
    What's the weight?
    Thanks,
    Noah

3. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Hi! Thanks! I'm not completely sure of the weight, I can try to weigh it tonight after work but I can tell you that it feels pretty light. If I had to guess, I'd say between 8.5-9.5 lbs. I can say that it feels several pounds lighter than my Modulus VJ.

4. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I just weighed this on the scale at my Veterinarian's office and it is 9lbs. exactly.

5. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Cool. Thanks.

6. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Must....resist.....severe GAS in CAR!!

7. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    Do you know if this bass was plek'd? Thanks.

8. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    No. I believe Lakland began using PLEK in 2008. This bass was made in 2006 but with the exception of my Modulus VJ, it is the best neck I have ever had the privilege to play. The frets are all level and crowned perfectly.
    I'd like to believe that work done by the human hand would be better than a machine but I can only speculate as my previous Lakland Skyline was also pre PLEK.

9. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    very cool!

the CAR is very deep on these...I had a 2002 CAR BG.

and the Fralins? great sounding pickups!

GLWTS!

10. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I agree on all points! Thanks, BassPraiser!

I've had some offers for the Duck and I have to say I am pretty firm on this price. Although, I might be willing to cut a deal for a local sale. I'm looking to sell this to fund some PA gear but I don't NEED to sell it and if it doesn't sell I have no qualms about keeping this beautiful instrument! :bassist:

11. Reaper Man

Reaper Man

Jan 15, 2010
    MA
    beautiful. I love my 11 (though it's not theoretically a dunn anymore) and I love the CAR.

Good luck.

well worth the money and that's a good price for one to boot

12. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Thanks, Reaper Man!

13. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I just put some new D'Addario Nickel rounds on the Duck and am considering using it for my rock gig this weekend. Bump!

14. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.