1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 2006 Lakland Skyline Dude Pit Limited Edition II (DPLE II) - Wow!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peabody, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    So it's midnight, and I'm in one of my moods (and I may change my mind in the morning)...but I have decided to put my DPLE II up for sale.

If you are not familiar with these basses, they are unbelievable. It is a limited edition Bob Glaub created by Lakland as a special run for members of the old Dude Pit Forum. It is essentially a Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub with a blocked and bound jazz taper neck (1.5" nut)....and a DarkStar pickup. Not only is this bass extremely unique, it plays like a dream and the DarkStar pickup will blow you away.

I bought one of the original 30 that were made back in 2006, and sold it a few years later. I was able to pick up another one a couple of months ago, and while I love the bass (that's why I bought another one), it really hasn't been played since I bought it (no time), so I thought I'd give someone else a chance to enjoy it.

It is in great shape...at least a 9 out of 10. If you hold it in the light just right, you can see some minor scratches and swirling, but nothing to speak of. In fact, the only ding I can see is a minor one at the top of the headstock. The back of the neck is flawless (and one of the best necks you will ever play) and the frets look brand new.

It will come with a Levy's Lakland gig bag.

I have to be honest, I'm not really looking for any trades. About the only things I may consider would be a couple of guitars... a decent Fender American Standard Telecaster (and some cash on your end) or I may even do an even trade for a nice Gibson Les Paul.

Price is [DEL]$1450[/DEL] $1399 shipped to the lower 48...payable through PayPal or a USPS Money Order. If you have any questions, you can PM me, or feel free to shoot me an e-mail to peabody59@gmail.com.

Thanks for looking!

P1010164_zps2e1c1180.
    P1010165_zps58cf92fe.
    P1010168_zps648b91cb.
    P1010171_zpsba30de68.

2. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    If I didn't just install a dark star in a p bass this weekend, I would be all over this.

3. jdy

jdy Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Boston
    What is the weight?

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Dig this one. Just wish these had wider and chunkier necks :meh:

5. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

They run heavy, around 10lbs. I just bought my DPLEII back after selling it a few months back...these basses play themselves!

6. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    It comes out to just a touch under 10 lbs on my bathroom scale...which is usually pretty accurate.

Not a lightweight...but not exactly a Peavey T-40 either.

Thanks!

7. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Saturday morning bump...

8. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Alder or ash?

9. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    You know, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing it is ash because that seems to be the stock wood on Skyline 44-64's. If I find out, I'll let you know.

Anyone out there know for sure?

10. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I am guessing ash, too, for the same reasons.
    It's not translucent at all, though, right?

Sweet bass regardless. I keep looking at this one but I fear the neck is probably too shallow for my massive mitts.

11. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    ahhh..are you SURE!!!!???

these are very hard to find...if you get rid of it...might be a Loooong time if you ever want to replace it....

12. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    agreed....I like 1.75" necks myself...

13. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Nope, it's not a trans finish. I have seen people refer to is as Olympic white, but to me it is a brighter white than an Oly white finish. Check out the comparison with the US Duck Dunn in the picture below....and my '71 Jazz for that matter.

I'm actually a thin neck guy....and that's why I love this neck. In fact, I just picked up a US Lakland 44-51M with a 1.5" nut, and so that's why I figured I'd be okay with parting with this one. Although I admit the DarkStar does give it a different sound. Think of a passive P on steroids....

IMG_0086_zpse1916d44.

14. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Price drop to $1399 shipped....

15. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    YOU CRAZY DUDE!!!

16. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I've always been kind of a wild and crazy guy...

wampcguys_zpse91a9e33.

17. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    buy this before he comes to his senses....

18. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Still crazy...still available.

19. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Sold and headin' to California (with an achin' in my heart....)

Thanks everyone for your interest...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.