1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 2008 American Fender P5 in Olympic White $1030 shipped and paypal'd in US

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ElMon, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Never thought I'd do this, but up for sale is a mint condition Fender P5, bought brand new in July. OHSC, all the case candy, and I'll even ship you the other sets of strings that were in rotation on this bass, namely D'Addario Halfrounds (currently on bass) and TI Jazz Flats.

Bass looks exactly like it did out of the case and the ONLY reason I'm moving it is that I'm going in a different direction tonally with my current band. I've been using my new Warwick NT Thumb 5 Fretless, and my band has been NUTS about the sound. Especially my drummer. In fact, he told me that if I 'only used the Warwick and didn't touch the Pbass, it would be fine with him'. :bawl:

So, instead of crying about it, I thought that maybe a more modern sounding fretted 5 was in order. Hence my recent GAS attack: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464123

Now, being a married man with a kid, mama says one has to go before another comes in :)spit:) My loss your gain. I highly recommend this bass for strictly fingerstyle players who want a vintage sound with a Low B. It sounds THICK live, all across the fretboard, and like all Pbasses really gels in a mix. It wraps around the mix as much as it cuts through.

Price is FIRM, and no trades for this one. Anyone within 4 hours or so of Norman, OK is welcome to meet me halfway. NO international buyers please, though I love you all!!!

Thanks for looking and here's some pics:

July13th2008002.
    July13th2008003.
    July13th2008008.

2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I was messing around with a pick on this bass and although its not something I would normally use, it sounded WICKED.

3. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I'm starting to feel like the king of The Island of Misfit Toys!

I have a honeyburst Stingray 5, which I love but seems to be *the* favorite bass to sell here lately. And two days ago I bought one of the many P5's that are coming up for sale. In fact, for as short a time that the P5's have been available I'm already the 3rd owner of that one. You guys are gonna give me a complex!

Good thing I haven't been reading the Amps and Cabinets For Sale forum. I'd be afraid to find out GK heads and Dr. Bass cabinets are being dumped like today's stock shares ....

Anyway, a free bump sounds fair for this mini hijack. :D Good luck!

4. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK

You're more than welcome, especially being 'The King' and all.....

Really wish I could keep this one, but i'm confident I can pick up another one later on that is just as badass. Fender really nailed this one. My plan is to eventually grap a P5 and a maple-neck J5. For the price of one boutique Fender-copy, I could have both! :hyper:

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Big Daddy P sounds WICKED through my new Epi UL410 and LMII!!!! I'll have a chance to put it through a friends SVT rig as well.

6. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.

I bought my P4 (looks exactly like your P5) to develop my fingerstyle but its funny, these new American Standards (mine has half-wounds) sound awwwsome played with a heavy pick.

I just wish my P4 was a PJ4. I need some mwah.

7. Will Karling

Will Karling

Jan 7, 2005
    france
    Allready have this bass at home since 2 weeks.
    Great P bass sound:bassist:

8. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I am SO on top of a PJ5 if they drop one. This bass is currently setup with halfrounds, and you're right, it sounds AWESOME!!!

9. Great bass and a great price! Here is a video to introduce you to the bass if you are not familiar with it.

10. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thank you fellow PBassman. PS, where can I also get a deal on fancy butt-paper? PM if that's more your style....

11. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    If I haven't said so already, I'm not into trades for this one. Need the money to cover a recent bass purchase. Thanks for all the interest though.

12. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    Luke your killing me. That looks just like the one I was messing with at red dirt bros.

13. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Sounds even better with the D'Addario Halfrounds than it does with the stock strings. Killer Pbass for all things deep and fat.

14. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump.

15. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I should mention that this particular bass has a GREAT amount of variance in the Tone knob. Full on it's got a lot of hi-end zing to it, perfect for pumping out pick tones and dishing out chunky slap grooves. But unlike a lot of other newer-model Fenders, this bass has tremendous cutting power with the Tone knob rolled completely off. IME this usually results in mud-city. Not so with this bass.

16. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    What the hell, $950 shipped and paypal'd to the Cont US. Still, NO trades or partial trades +cash.

17. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Played this on a gig last night (Neo-Soul) thru my LMII and new Epi UL410 (series I), and it flat out KILLED. Big meaty notes that remained clean in every register. Can't go wrong putting this Pbass through a clean sounding modern amp. I bet it would gel with some GK gear real well.

18. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    I wish I could afford this one right now. just cant get it by the misses

19. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Yeah, a wife is a natural predator for new gear purchases.

20. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    All PM's returned, still available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.