FS: 2008 American Standard Fender Jazz V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by theophilus762, Feb 17, 2010.

1. I'm moving this 2008 American Standard Fender Jazz V that I've only had for a few weeks. It came with its fair share of dings and scratches when I bought it. I have only played it out once, and a few hours at home. I've taken a picture of the bigger, more noticeable blemishes. If you're looking for a pristine showroom only bass, this is not for you. If you need a solid 5 string workhorse, this is it!

Comes with a Fender molded case, and not the new SKB case with the TSA locks.

Here are some pictures. Terrible lighting, I know. The lighting in my room is dim right now so it makes the bass look more yellow than it really is. The first picture however is the most accurate as far as color goes. I'll try to take some better pictures soon.

qnr2o7.jpg
    35lygyf.jpg
    ea1m4o.jpg
    28hiwyt.jpg
    2s7ykhf.jpg
    29e3sbl.jpg

Here are some better pictures of the actual color in real sunlight. You can see that its beautifully creamy and not yellow like the pictures above portray.

15qrs46.jpg
    30sk27c.jpg
    29ff3v9.jpg

$800 shipped to the 48! No trades please.

2. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    I might be interested.
    How's the neck? Is everything in perfect working condition?
    Any neck warping or twists or other fingerboard or fret issues?
    Why are you selling?

3. Neck's perfectly fine, and actually there aren't any dings or scratches on the neck itself as far as i know. There might be a ding or two on top of the headstock though. No warping or twists or anything like that. Fretwork is decent, but of course not as nice as my last Sadowsky or my Plek'd Lakland 55-02 that I had for a while.

Everythings in working order and it sounds great. The only reason why I'm selling it is because I already have another Jazz 5, and I don't play this one like I expected to.

4. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm still considering. Is it sold yet?
    I've also got a Sadowsky UV 5. Love it!!
    What's your other jazz 5 you're talking about, the Sadowsky?

5. danzub

danzub

Feb 19, 2010
    Nashua NH
    Hi. What shipping weight? Thanks

6. I no longer own that UV5, but I own another Fender Jazz V. Still available!

7. updated with better pictures that show the accurate color of the instrument!

8. ttt!

9. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    Tri-state
    I will buy this if I can find a taker for my Roscoe.

10. no problem just let me know when you're ready!

11. baloubass45

baloubass45

Jun 15, 2008
    can i have string spacing?
    thank

12. the nut width is 1 7/8", i believe the string spacing is 17.5mm...

*edit*

it is 22/32'' or 18.25mm

13. Nice bass!
    Interested in any trades?

14. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    Tri-state
    17.5 is very, very narrow for a Fender. It's probably 18.5 at least, I think it's more like 19.

15. baloubass45

baloubass45

Jun 15, 2008
    you cannot mesurement?

16. actually i know sadowsky basses are 19mm, and i know this isn't as wide as my last sadowsky uv70 5 string, at least the way i have it set up now.

Actually, its got adjustable string spacing because each bridge saddle has a number of grooves that you can place the string on. i'd say its probably 18mm at the bridge? I believe its standard jazz bass spacing.

i don't have the metric measurement, but in inches, its 23/32'' bridge the center of my B string to the center of the E string, measured at the saddle. this converted to millimeters is approximately 18.25mm at the bridge.

17. sorry megadan, not looking for trades at the moment.

18. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I had one of these and was crazy about it. I know you want a quick sale, but I will really be tempted if this is around after taxes.

19. they're really great, which is why i have another one in my stable.

actually i wasn't looking for a quick sale or anything, so if its still around its fair game!

20. pms responded, still available

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021