1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: 2008 Fender American Deluxe Precision w/OHSC (Canada/east coast)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kamakiriad7, May 4, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

up for sale is my (recently discontinued) Fender Precision Deluxe. You all know about them, as there are a bunch for sale right now. What else is there to say about this bass that hasn't been said before? It's growly, punchy, tight, and supportive. It's basically a USA Standard P-Bass with an active preamp, humbucking pickup, 22 frets, countoured neck heel, abalone inlays, straplocks, Hipshot Ultralite tuners, and the neck, body & headstock are all cut down a bit to make playability easier and ease up on the weight. Finally, the neck isn't as wide as a normal P-Bass, nor is it as narrow as a normal J-Bass - a perfect balance. I play in a classic rock band and a new fusion-funk band, and this bass does it all - trad P tone, burpy Jaco growl, and everything in between.

This bass has been gigged fairly often, but is still in great shape. The fretboard is perfect. There are a few small nicks on the headstock, some shallow neck wear, pickguard/top swirling, and a couple of tiny dents/nicks on the body. I've tried to photograph the largest one, which is on the back by the belly contour - the images are in the photobucket album.

Comes with OHSC in great shape, trussrod tool, leather strap, and all original case candy and stickers.

FenderPrecisionDeluxe013.
    FenderPrecisionDeluxe012.
    FenderPrecisionDeluxe011.

Check out the rosewood...
    FenderPrecisionDeluxe004.
    FenderPrecisionDeluxe003.
    FenderPrecisionDeluxe014.
    FenderPrecisionDeluxe017.

The res of the images can be viewed here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v157/EvilToaster/Gear/

I'm asking [DEL]$1100[/DEL] $1000 for this now-discontinued bass which will be harder to find as time goes on. Paypal E-Check preferred, and I'd prefer to keep this in Canada, but will accept offers from the rest of the CONUS.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    As is my custom, a free bump for my most favoritest Fender bass ever. Good luck.

3. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Looks great. I'm interested in buying one but with maple board. Good luck selling it.

Fred

4. Thanks, guys! It's definitely my favorite of the non-artist models as well.

5. Bump!

6. Bump for price drop.

7. Hey guys! I decided to keep this for a while but since I haven't been playing it as much as my 5 string, it's gotta go. Price is now $900.

8. dido

9. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Nice color and PG combo. Mine's got a crazy stock mirrored PG! I don't know whether I like mine more for its sound or its playability. This is the favorite fender of many here on TB, myself included.

10. Mirrored pickguard?? That's awesome! :bassist: I bet it even sounds better!

You can hear this bass in the following video, a performance of Steve Reich's Electric Counterpoint. http://www.mun.ca/music/media/eleccp.php