1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: 2008 Fender American Standard Jazz V--"one of the good ones"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jeremy Allen, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Great bass--after I bought it last year, I wrote to the original owner and commented that "this is one of the GOOD ones!" and he agreed. Hard to know when buying before trying, but this bass cured my J5 jones (sorry, Sadowsky, Lull, Lakin, Valenti, et. al.). Gotta raise some funds though.

Superb shape with no dings or blemishes other than the usual swirling in the clearcoat. Custom aftermarket "faux snakeskin" pickguard plays perfectly off the blk/maple vibe. Drop dead gorgeous with tone to match. Will ship in an older (rounded) Fender hardcase in exc. shape with no dents or dings, along with the original white 'guard. Has Dunlop style straplocks with a 3rd recessed straplock receiver in the lower body edge (see pic) that affects nothing. 9.5 lbs.

$925 shipped CONUS

Possible trades: 24-fret 5-string by Yamaha (NE1 or NE2 plus cash from me, BB2005 plus cash from you) or others of the same ilk.

attachment.
    attachment.

2. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Great price for a great bass. I have the Deluxe version of this one in black with a maple board. And these American made ones are the best of the Fenders!

3. Jeremy Allen

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Just-sent-this-bass's-Precision-sister-to-Russia BUMP!

4. Jeremy Allen

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Updated possible trade interest (Yamaha fivers etc.).

5. gcbake

gcbake Gold Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Former Ampeg Regional Touring Artist
    Weight?

6. Jeremy Allen

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    9.5 pounds (see description in first post)

7. Jeremy Allen

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    On hold/payment pending

8. 77jazzbass

77jazzbass Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    wow, another missed opportunity! I just decided last week to sell/trade my fairly new TRB1005. oh well...