1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS 2008 Fender American Standard Precision Bass-price drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tommybass64, Oct 27, 2013.

1. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    SOLD.. Fender 2008 American Precision bass in very good condition with some player wear as shown. She plays and sounds great,some astounding grunt out of a bass that weighs 8.5 lbs. Fender really has refined the humble P-bass with this version. Compared to my old '98,the 2008 is lighter by 1.5 lbs,smaller more comfortable neck with a less sticky finish,lighter tuners,better bridge. Most importantly,it has a low mid burp my old bass didn't have. I've measured the action at 5/64" at the 12th fret of the E and G strings. Very nice,easy action with no unwanted buzzing...Even the dreaded dead spot on the 6th fret of the G string isn't that bad on this bass...I like the stock pickup,it's sounds full and defined with the tone up,full and buttery with the tone down...Some excellent sustain to be had because of the light body and thru body stringing. Comes with the Fender flight case and all the candy. $675 shipped CONUS. Dang property taxes...:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    pics by gum!

Attached Files:

3. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    mo pics....

Attached Files:

4. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    yet and yet more....

Attached Files:

5. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    yup more...

Attached Files:

6. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    last ones...

Attached Files:

7. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    Price drop bump-gotta love the taxman....

8. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    Tuesday bump and a couple more pics....:D

Attached Files:

9. bjabass

bjabass

Jan 10, 2011
    Mountain South
    I'll bump this one since I want it BAD and don't have the $$$....where's the love for this modern funk machine?

10. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Is it just me or 90% of US Precisions have 1 piece alder body (which is usually considered as premium option).

Great price! GLWTS!

11. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Most (if not all) 2008 & up Am Std Fenders have 3 piece bodies, but the grain is so nicely matched on them that you have to look real close to notice - and this one is no exception.

Bump for a killer deal on a real beauty!

12. tommybass64

tommybass64

Jun 23, 2008
    Oregon
    Sold locally..