1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: 2010 Ernie Ball Music Man Classic Stingray Powder Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jbiscuti, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Endorsing Artist: Grolsch Strap Locks
    I tried selling this a few months back, but got cold feet very quickly and pulled the ad. But the fact is that I haven’t played it much since. I’m a Precision man now – that’s my sound. So here we go again!
    This was one of the very first Powder Blue Classic Stingrays that came off the line in early 2010. I ordered this bass the moment I could after NAMM through Castellano's House Of Music in Staten Island, NY, and it arrived in mid-March.

From that day on until the beginning of this year, it was the only bass I brought to every single gig. It has at least 100 wild, drunken, debaucherous gigs under its belt.

I never, ever thought I would part with it. I honestly thought I had a friend for life. But I picked up a Road Worn Precision Bass earlier this year, and it's super light weight totally spoiled me. Now that my MJT/Musikraft 60's Precision has arrived and is even lighter than my other P, the Stingray has simply seen zero playing/gig time.

Frankly, I care about the bass. It simply deserves better, and I could put the money towards something that I’ll play more.

Not that the weight is a total deal-breaker on this one: At around 9 lbs, it's well within the accepted & normal weight range for a Stingray.

Since it has been gigged a TON, it is far from perfect cosmetically, though I can't believe how good the condition is considering how much I played this thing. The EBMM finishes are impervious to anything. That being said, it does have a couple of dings that are worth noting, and little things like light fingernail scratches on the control plate.

The neck is really slim and fast, the nut width is comfy (but not quite Jazz thin), and I can get the action on this lower then I can get on any other bass. By far, I play the fastest and most precise on this bass of all mine. I had the option of ordering flamed maple or birdseye maple; I went with the flame and they did not disappoint. It is absolutely gorgeous.

I installed a Fender thumb rest above the strings towards the neck. See photos. I wanted to have the option of not only having that punchy, over-the-top plucking-by-the-bridge-pickup tone, but also something more vintage-y/dub. I ended up using that a lot!

There are some minor indentations on the headstock from one of those clip-on tuners. See pic.

There are lots of minor swirls in the pickguard, and my thumb damn near wore a hole through the tortoise layer, right above the pickup. I assume this is not an issue, but felt it worth mentioning. See pic.

There’s a nasty ding on the back edge, through the paint. See pic.

The tuners are a little tarnished, but then again, I’ve never had NON-tarnished tuners on a Stingray! There is the obligatory headstock cigarette burn. This was only the result of an outdoor gig or two – the bass was always kept in a non-smoking environment.

There is a wee bit of buckle rash.

It comes equipped with Ernie Ball Strap Locks, which have been GREAT, and heck, I'll also include the super-comfy & wide padded strap that I've had on the bass for a while.

It has a Hipshot D-Tuner on it, which will be included along with the original tuner.

It is currently strung up with a new-ish set of LaBella Flats which have seen maybe 1-2 gigs. For 95% of its life, it has worn flatwounds. The frets are therefore in excellent condition.

I once made a gold pickguard for it; heck, you can have that too.

I have never once used the HSC and I believe I have all the original case candy in there.

PRICE DROP - $1100 SHIPPED & PP'D! No trades!

Enjoy the pics, let me know if you have any questions or would like photos of anything specific.

Here is a video of the bass in action on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1SsNIymyQ

f87eece0.

stingray-1_zpsd3a3b604.

stingray-1-2_zps43aae19a.

stingray-1-3_zps588f2f4a.

stingray-1-4_zps7d2dbd23.

stingray-1-5_zps1654fd90.

IMG_2077.

IMG_2078.

IMG_2079.

IMG_2080.

IMG_2082.

IMG_2083.

IMG_2084.

IMG_2086.

IMG_2087.

IMG_2088.

IMG_2089.

IMG_2090.

IMG_2092.

IMG_2093.

IMG_2095.

IMG_2098.

IMG_2101.

IMG_2103.

32295CA7-8416-402E-A346-7FD92326450C-6212-000006F00175F34E.

346BBED5-C459-4862-ACAE-1C22CD2070F7-6212-000006F000D49625.

37B7C9AE-3975-4FDF-8085-E77A10CB1A3C-6212-000006F0005C7530.

2. vates

vates

Nov 15, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    that's a beautiful bass

3. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    Excellent description, photos, and playing on the video.

4. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Thanks! :)

5. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    SOLD pending payment!

:)

:(

6. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Buyer backed out - this is back up for sale!

7. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Snow day bump!

8. Nice bass! Would you consider shipping to Europe?

9. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Bump with partial trade options added.

10. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    PMed ya

11. The perfect stingray!!

12. NOT

NOT

Jul 15, 2011
    I'm usually not a Musicman guy, but if I were to have one, it'd be this.

13. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Now looking to trade up for a Mike Lull T4 or will trade for a Cataldo Thunderbird (plus cash on your end).

14. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Bump! Starfire added to trade interests.

15. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Bump! She's looking for a good home. Fastest neck and lowest action of all my basses. You're gonna LOVE it. :)

16. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Some possible deals in the works. In the meantime, bump!

17. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    Friday bump!

18. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    How is this thing still here? I've got some personal experience playing this bass as I've played in a small handful of bands with JB. He's a GREAT guy, really accommodating and knows how to take real good care of his gear. You can rest easy making this purchase.

19. jbiscuti

jbiscuti

Dec 22, 2007
    NYC / LA
    GAS strikes again! Make me an offer - I just might cave. ;)

20. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    PM'd