1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 2010 Fender Am Dlx Jazz-Oly Wht-RSW-Video

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by faulknersj, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My new Custom Shop Jazz means that this must go :(

2010 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass

This is one of the best playing, best sounding J-Basses I have ever owned and it is hard to let her go. She has been my Main Gigging bass an average of 5 nights per week for over a year. This bass gets it done. It sets up beautifully with really low action. Gorgeous fingerstyle tones ranging from P-Bass thump when the neck pup is favored to bridge pup Jaco bark and bite and everything in between. She is also a real slapper and loves to be spanked. The neck on this bass is amazing, straight as an arrow, and the satin finish is so comfortable and seemless to play. It is more of a D shaped neck than a C shape.

The Body is stamped 2010, the neck is stamped 2009, and I purchased her brand new at the beginning of 2011.

Weight 9 lbs on my bathroom scale.

The bass is shielded and does not make noise

100% Original

Comes with original black pickguard and a tort guard for you vintage-o-philes like me!

Pre-Amp features a Passive/Active switch and she sounds killer both passive and active.

This bass is too good to sit around and look pretty...thats why she has some battle scars (see pics) and has already logged 200+ gigs in her short life. In addition to mojo highlighted in pics, there is a little scratch on the back of the neck (g-string side) at the 5th fret. I don't really notice it when I play.

Finally- Here is a Video I made of her, Live action follows the Bass shots.

$1150 Shipped Conus
    International buyer pays shipping
    No Trades

Attached Files:

2. more pics

Attached Files:

3. and more pics

Attached Files:

4. and even more

Attached Files:

5. u guessed it...more pics!

Attached Files:

6. taphappy

taphappy doot de doo

Sep 28, 2007
    Tempe, Arizona
    Okay, I've been trying to vehemently convince this doof not to sell Whitey - if I had the extra scratch right now, I'd probably pick it up, then laugh at him in two months when he wanted it back. Then sell it back. Cause I'd feel bad.

This bass is perfectly balanced. I'm surprised it's 9lbs. I'm a slap/tap/finger-funk kinda guy - this one is a beast!! Has just the right amount of growl in her when you dig, and the action goes wafer-thin. The video does not do the tone justice, and doof over here doesn't even run it with a battery. The passive tone is -that- good.

He's replacing it with a CS Jazz he got last week. I like Whitey better. Once again, I PROTEST TO THIS SALE!

But maybe one of you will actually love it like it deserves to be loved.

Jerk.

7. PM's Replied

8. 3 offers so far but still available. If u want an Am Dlx Jazz this is seriously the one!! Sheilded + 2 Pickguards. U wont find one at this weight that plays better.

9. More Pm's replied

10. pbass888

pbass888 Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Denver/Boulder
    Bump for a great bass.. Glws!

11. Thanks so much Pbass888. Did u ever get your hands on the vintage or CS Jazz u were looking for?

12. Hey Steve, Does this bass come with one of your signature Hats? If so I may have to buy it. Bump for a great bass.

13. I am actually currently offering this bass with a Shick Quattro in order to acheive Taphappy's signature look (see above ^) lol!! Thanks for the bumb MacBass57!

14. pbass888

pbass888 Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Denver/Boulder

No still looking to sell/trade my 74.. Though I love the avri 62 and would love to give a nice spin.
    All the best with this beautiful bass.

15. Thanks and good luck with yours!

16. More PM's replied, but still available. If U guys on the prowl for a jazz bass could hear this one, and feel how it played...a bidding war would break out.

17. Weekend Bump!!

18. Session1969

Session1969 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2010
    You're singer is smokin" ! Great bass, btw !

19. slogo

slogo

Jun 14, 2006
    Hopatcong, NJ
    If this is still here tomorrow PM I'm going to be awfully tempted. Somebody please buy it!

20. ^ thanks for the kind words gents!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.