1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 2011 Fender American Standard Jazz - Alder & Rosewood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Walbodiddy, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a beautiful 2011 Fender MIA Jazz, alder and rosewood in 3-tone sunburst with tortoise shell pickguard. Sounds exactly like a Jazz bass should - great warmth and punch from the new Fender pickups. This was the first Jazz I had played since the '08 revamps and the improvements are very noticeable. The bridge is solid and string-through is a nice option. Fit and finish is excellent all-around. Beautiful figuring on the rosewood neck.

The Fender bridge cover is included. I liked the look but I palm mute a lot, so eventually removed it. The bass would be cosmetically flawless if not for one medium-sized ding on the upper bout. Also includes all the original case candy and the new Fender rectangular hard case, very nice and I was told is a TSA-approved flight case (someone please correct me if this is wrong).

Price drop: $[DEL]875[/DEL] $850!

2. front.

frontclose.

What looks like a ding on the back near the string ferrule is only a reflection.
    back.

neckclose.

headstock.

gears.

3. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    Do you have an accurate weight on this one? Thanks!

4. Well, I thought I had a deal but I haven't heard from the potential buyer in 3 days. Looks like this beauty is back up for grabs!

Deepwoods, I will get a weight for you this weekend.

5. 9.3 pounds on my medical scale.

6. PMs responded. Possible deal in the works but still time to get offers in.

7. Bump for price reduction.

8. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Any trades?

9. Can't hurt to run it by me. I would prefer trades with cash my way but will consider anything.

10. I have flying L bass neck through

Look under my thread

11. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

PM's sent

12. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    still available ?

13. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    Thanks, nice bass! I ended up working on my roadworn to cover my jazz needs. GLWTS!

14. Sold. Thanks for looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.