1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 2013 Fender '66 Jazz Reissue MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by j.kernodle, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I picked this limited edition MIJ import of a beauty up a month or two ago. While I love playing the bass and love looking at it even more, it was in impulse purchase and my Yamaha BB2024 still gets all my attention. (I reckon I just like the P bass influenced sound of the Yamaha a little more). These sell for $1149.00 new without a case. I can pick you up a bag or case and add it to the price. Price without a case will be $875 shipped and paypal-ed.

No scratches or blemishes to speak of. Beautiful bound and blocked neck with a matching Olympic white headstock. The only blemishes to speak of are some surface scratches on the pick guard. The bass weighs around 9.5 lbs. The neck is thin and fast, reminiscent of a Geddy signature with slightly squarer shoulders.

I'll let the photos do the talking now.

Jazz_ForSale3_zpsdcbd1544.

Jazz_ForSale5_zps21cf7819.

Jazz_ForSale6_zpsdb20df29.

Jazz_ForSale1_zpsf3d4317c.

Jazz_ForSale4_zps618887fe.

JbassNoStrings_zpsd38e7ad9.

jbass1stFret_zps40bbccf0.

2. I have one of these and it smokes. Better than I could have expected it to be. GLWTS.

3. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Beautiful.

4. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    roll that beautiful bass footage.

5. xkomo

xkomo

Feb 6, 2011
    Greece
    Just a question.... is it necessary to remove the neck for any truss rod adjustment?

6. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    the pick guard is not cut out so you'd have to at least take that off. I did one adjustment right after I got it and it was easier to just unbolt the neck.

7. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    beautiful bass and great seller!!!

8. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Hot.

9. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Man ... my first bass ever was a '68 that was nearly identical to this except that some doofus had done some hand drill routing to accommodate a bridge humbucker before realizing he was a doofus and trying his best to cover it back up.

This is like looking at my long lost baby restored and nostalgia has me coming back to this thread to drool even though I'm more a P-bass guy these days.

Free bump. If cash were no object, I'd be reliving my early bass playing daze with this one.

10. totallywink

totallywink Gold Supporting Member

Great looking bass! Would love to have it but alas, I need to sell a bass to buy a bass (sad). GLWS!

11. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    thanks for the kind words. here's a new bump.

12. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Nice bass. My '66 has lollipop tuners. Wouldn't a reissue have the same? I thought all '66's had lollipops, not the clovers? Ah I could be wrong.

13. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    PM'd a couple of questions your way bump.

14. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    hey there. Japanese reissues have always been a little less than 100% true to spec. :).

let call this "inspired by 1966". bump for the weekend! with a little price incentive.

15. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    deal pending.

16. totallywink

totallywink Gold Supporting Member

Did the deal go through? Just wondering...

17. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    yeah. I forgot to lock it. thanks for reminding me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.