1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: 3/4 Holbein 50/2 Upright Bass (Nashville Area) *NEW PRICE*

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by SRT80, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Price is $650. No shipping. Local sale only.

I have a 3/4 Holbein 50/2 upright bass. I actually just bought this bass last month to try and learn but have decided the upright isn't for me. The original owner said the bass is 5 years old.

From what I have read, the bass is made by Strunal in the Strunal factory in the Czech Republic and was sold by Sam Ash under the name "Holbein"

When I went to the Strunal site, I read that the 50/2 model had a ebonized brazilwood fingerboard. So, I sanded the "ebonized" stuff from the neck and treated it with boiled linseed oil. It looks much nicer as the black was already wearin' off around the middle of the board anyways. I also painted the tailpiece a satin brown to try and match it a little. It looks better then the black.

I bought a new set of red label super sensitive bass strings. I'm not sure if I did it right, but I put them on the bass (I didn't cut the excess on the scroll). Buyer will probably change these out anyways. I also replaced the endpin with a much solid one. The original was a hollow piece of metal that wouldn't take much to bend. The new one I actually made out of a 3/8" floor tom leg (same size as old endpin). It looks and works great. The rubber end tip is nicer than the original too.

The bass has a German bridge which I believe was a upgrade. Overall the bass appears to be in great shape with a few small dings around the edges. Nothing major.

I don't know much about upright basses but will try my best with any questions you may have. Bass also comes with a padded bag that is brand new.

holbeinfs1.

holbeinfs2.

holbeinfs3.

2. Herbie 80's

Herbie 80's

Dec 15, 2008
    I had one of these as a loaner for a day when I brought my ply in. It sounds good with spiros, obviously, and are pretty solid basses. Good starter basses.

3. Bump...

Will consider trade/cash or straight up trade offers. But don't get mad or offended if I refuse.

Steve

4. Will take $500 and no less.

Thanks,
    Steve

5. You come to Smyrna/Murfreesboro.....$475.

Steve

6. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    I know how you feel. Thinking of selling mine or trading it. Just don' t like transporting it. I think I prefer an EUB.

Good luck and free bump! :bassist:

7. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Interested in a Michael Kelly guitar and Tech 21 power engine amp? The guitar was $500 new and the amp was $350. I'm local.

8. I can't play guitar. Thanks for the offer though. What kind of guitar is it? Hollow body, acoustic/electric?

Steve

9. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Charleston Illinois
    Are you a gun Guy?

10. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    It's an electric, les Paul style guitar. I'm going to try to get it sold so I can take this off your hands. It's a patriot vintage if you wantto look it up. I have the white version.

11. Not into guns.

My main non musical interest is snakes. Needin' a 4x2 cage for my dumerils boa that's gonna cost like $185

Need a hatchling rack system with at least 10-12 tubs. More is better.

I'm also lookin' for corn snake morphs maybe a albino ball python.

If you know a snake person...

Steve

12. Sorry guys, no longer available...

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.