1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: $3000+ Custom Bass for $CHEAP (must see Bossa w trem option)!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

On hold!!!!

FS ONLY PLEASE!

Bossas are nick-named "the F Basses of Japan". Very similar tone, feel and build quality (I've owned several of F Basses and Bossas)!!! I've never heard a better bass from a tone perspective and never played a bass that plays better. The truth is that I have another Bossa that I slightly prefer the cosmetic appearance over this one. The big advantage to this one is that it has a Tremlo (a very expensive option). Let me also state that the tremelo bridge is 100% stable and will not budge unless you use the tremelo bar. 0 tuning issues!!! Toshio Setozaki (the builder and master luthier for Bossa) hand mills these bridges and it is the most well designed bass tremelo I've ever used. This custom-built bass is priced WELL under market for a quick sale!!!!!!!!!

This is what many consider to be the ultimate Jazz bass. It's a Bossa OBT-4 (4 string with the tremelo option!!!). She has a Bossa 18v, 3-band preamp, Bossa hand-wound pickups with custom two-piece,hand=made, wood covers. The neck is a "jazz sized", 3-piece neck with a 1.5" nut. The neck has a very flat fret-board radius, with a modern Jazz profile neck front to back. The neck is very comfortable, fast and because of the 3-piece design, is very stable. This bass covers over 3-octaves (25 total frets)!

Most in the USA don't know what these are, but Bossa is well known in Europe and Japan and they are VERY expensive overseas. This one would go for close to $3,500 USD now if bought new now. It's reasonably light (9ish lbs), has CRAZY low action, has the most killer slap tone around. It's certainly one the most well crafted basses I've ever laid my hands on (it's right up there with Fodera, Sadowsky, F Bass, etc). I would LOVE it and prefer that if you are local, you "try before you buy" (I highly suspect that you will go home with this bass in-hand)!!!!!

NOTE: Bass will NOT come with old, beat-up, SKB Freedom hardshell case pictured in some of the pics (near the top). That case was not original to the bass and not in good working-order so I purchased a brand-new. Levy's, heavy-duty gig bag (which will be included, free of charge).

More info on Bossa:
    USA Distributor site:
    Bossa USA: Home Of Bossa Bass and Guitars
    http://www.bossa-usa.com/

Home site (Toshio Setozaki's site in Japan):
    Real Bossa Design
    http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~bossa/

This will give you an idea of the tone:
    Nathan Watts (Stevie Wonder, etc), Rhonda Smith (Prince, Jeff Beck, etc) play Bossa. Check this Nate Watts video --->

2. Quadzilla

3. I don't understand how this isn't sold. If I get the new job I just interviewed for before this is sold, you're hearing from me...

4. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Seriously! This is a complete steal.

5. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    I'm considering bumping off a Gas Station to get this Bump!!!

6. Hmmm, maybe we should consider "joint custody" !!!!

7. Quadzilla

Haha, yeah, this poor baby has been in both of our hands a few times! ;-) Since I have the other Bossa, I'm ready to let her go now. I really don't need two.

8. We really need a talkbass payment plan system.

9. Bump. Outrageous. And outrageously cheap.

10. Quadzilla

Agreed and thank you sir. VERY similar build quality and tone to F Bass at a fraction of the cost (I've owned several of both).

11. Uppity.

12. Let's assume for a moment that I am a person who has a sort of a head problem, in that if he sees a bass like this he thinks about stringing it piccolo ...

I can hear the ambulance arriving now.

13. Quadzilla

Haha, yeah, I never would have thought of that one, but it could work! :D ;)

14. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    why would you want to trade for sheep?

O, cheap! :D

Bump!!!

Dan K.

15. Quadzilla

TTT!!!!

16. How is this not gone?!

If no one takes this before my holiday bonus comes in...

17. Quadzilla

Can't believe it's still here either. ..

18. Quadzilla

On hold!