1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS:3TS Fender 60's Jazz.........ON STEROIDS!!!! Price reduced or trade for Tacoma ABG

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by panic_striken, Oct 25, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    What we have here is the most vintage sounding jazz I have EVER played.......hands down!!!!! I started with a stock Fender 60's Jazz reissue. Then, I stripped out the pickups and electronics. I added Seymour Duncan Antiquity I's for that oh so yummy vintage tone that you can only get from handmade pickups. I decided to stay passive and go for a double vol/tone package. So, I then ordered a custom wiring harness from HAS-Sound with special capacitors for both the neck and bridge pickups to help compliment the vintage tone. Lastly, I added the bridge f-logo cover and I also have the neck pup cover that I put on top of a new 4-ply tortoise shell pickgaurd:) I have played a MIA 62' reissue, and this thing smokes it's ass to be blunt. Looking for $700+actual shipping in the USA. Oh, it comes with a padded Fender gig bag, too. I didn't mention that the bass is less than 6 months old. I am just going to go acoustic since my gigging days are over.

Picture068.jpg

Picture066.jpg

2. smokes its ass like a blunt free bump

3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Come on ya'll..........it's price to sell!!!!!

Fender 60's Jazz........$704
    SD Antiquity I's.........$77/each
    HAS-Sound Harness w/plate.........$109
    Bridge and Neck covers.........$37
    4-ply Tortoise Shell Pickgaurd........$35
    Vintage Vibe and Infinite Mojo.........PRICELESS:smug:

4. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Dang man! that is hotter then hell. Really sweet!

5. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I've got one set of black concetntric knobs. Buy one more and you'll have a 62' RI look alike, but this thing will sound like your dreams:)

6. I got a ernie ball stingray 4 banger for trade. I also have an alvarez acoustic bass, but i don't think she's worth the dough you want.

7. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I've already got my eye on what I want. So, cash is really the only option unless you have a higher end acoustic bass.

8. well sorry i can't buy cause i really do want this, but have a free bump for a pimped out bass good luck.

9. Is it MIM?

10. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    pm sent, thank you ...

11. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Yes, it is MIM. I can say that at GC I A/B this and a 62' MIA RI. The craftsmanship as far as build was nothing to write home about on the MIA, and I believe is just as good if not the same here. The MIA's have superior pups and pots and capacitors to give them better tone. I have fixed that problem 10 fold with my improvements. Oh, she is still up........right now:) I could go $700+shipping, but that is the low of the low!!!!!

12. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Nice bass!

13. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Back home........come and get it:)

14. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Would accept trades for Tacoma Thunderchiefs.....

15. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Mic check.....1.........2........is this thing on???

16. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Boy, oh boy........ how do you spell ebay.... Ebay, or eBay.
    You'll get what you're asking there. Here, I really doubt it.
    I bet it's a killer bass though...

:bag:

good luck brohiem!

17. e p

e p

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    cant do sorry. emergency funds needed.