SOLD FS: 5-string Blowout (Warwick, MIA Fender, Tobias, Ibanez)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jehos, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I'm cleaning house. I collected a bunch of basses trying to find what works for me, and now that I discovered the Lakland 55-02, I'm done searching. It's time to get these out of here and turn basses back into cash.

General Sale Terms

- I'll take just about any kind of payment, but I strongly prefer PayPal. If you pay some way that isn't PayPal, I'll be waiting for the money to clear before I ship anything. Meaning if you mail me a check, I'm going to wait for that check to clear before I send you a bass. Sorry, it's just scam prevention.

- Basses will be shipped via a trackable method, at my expense, within the continental US. All prices below are shipped to the continental US. I don't mind shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or other countries, but we'll have to work out the shipping and I'll probably need you to kick in some extra cash.

- Basses do not include a case or gig bag unless otherwise noted.

- Feel free to make offers on the prices. The worst I can do is say no.

Trades

I'm mostly looking for cash, but I'm planning on turning the cash into a few specific things. If it's on this list, we can work out a trade. If it's not, I'm probably not interested. Feel free to offer, but I'm probably going to say no.

- Lakland 55-02, natural finish, maple fingerboard, prefer the non-deluxe
    - Markbass Standard 151HR 8-ohm cabinet
    - Allen & Heath MixWizard WZ3 16:2 mixer
    - Mackie Onyx 1640i mixer
    - Eden WT-1000 or WT-1250 power amps
    - Eden Navigator 1000 (WTX1000N)

Pictures

You can see pictures of all this stuff (and some other bass gear I have for sale) here:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=151004443041&f=796002917931

With that stuff said, let's get on to the basses:

1999 Warwick Fortress One 5-string $900 - SOLD
    I bought this bass from trujo777. It's a beautiful bass with a thinner all-wenge neck and perfect balance. Two-band EQ. It has the tighter Warwick string spacing, I think maybe 17mm at the bridge. It's currently got a new set of round steel strings, I think DR Long Necks.

2008 Warwick Corvette Standard Ash 5-string $600
    I bought this locally on Craigslist. It's one of the Corvettes with a swamp ash body, finished in Nirvana Black with black hardware. It's got the thicker ovankol neck, standard Warwick string spacing (I think 17mm), and all passive electronics (V-V-T configuration). Basically it's exactly like what you can buy new now. It's got a couple dings on the bottom by the controls. Currently strung with Sadowsky flats, but I can put rounds on if you prefer.

2001 Fender American Standard Jazz V $700 - SOLD
    MIA passive Fender Jazz 5-string. Sunburst body with a white pickguard. 19mm string spacing at the bridge, can be strung through-body. Electronics are the standard V-V-T. Currently strung with a fresh set of D'Addario XL Nickels, I think.

1990 (91?) Tobias Standard 5 $600 - SOLD
    "Tobias Standard? What's that?", I hear you asking. During the Gibson buyout, Tobias outsourced some of their basses to Japan. The parts were made in Japan and assembled in the US, as I understand it. This is one of those. It's rare, there were only about 400 made, but not terribly collectible. Still, it's an awesome bass with that Tobias sound for a killer price. Given that it's 20 years old, it's got a few dings in the finish, nothing that goes through the paint job though. It has had a Bad Ass V bridge added. When I bought it the action was extremely low. I had to raise it some because I've got a super heavy right hand, but I know it will go really low if that's your thing. Active 2-band EQ, currently strung with a new set of D'Addario XL Nickels.

There aren't too many of these out there, and I've never seen another one for sale. I paid $750 for this at Guitar Center, so I *think* this is a good deal. I know for a fact it's a heck of a lot of bass for the money.

Ibanez SR-506 6-string $300 - SOLD
    Ok, so this one technically isn't a 5-string, but I want it gone to make room for a GT-7. This was my main player for a long time, and it shows. The finish is pretty torn up under the G and C strings from slapping. Active 3-band EQ. This bass is a great intro to 6-strings. She was good to me, so I'm letting her go for a great deal if someone else wants to make the move to a 6. Currently strung with D'Addario Chromes (flatwounds), but I think I've still got a 6-string set of D'Addario XL Nickels I can toss on it if you prefer.

2. buffalobillh

buffalobillh

Jul 20, 2005
    Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Samuel Shen Basses, NS Design, D'Addario Strings
    PM sent.

3. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    PMed. Nice Tobias.

4. t0t0m

t0t0m

Dec 8, 2008
    The Tobias Standard is a great bass..matter fact I used to played it.

5. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    that is a really good price on the tobias.

6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    how's the B string on that fender?

7. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    It's not bad. Pretty balanced. It's nothing spectacular, but not weak either.

8. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Deals pending on the Tobias, Fender, and SR-506. Both Warwicks are still available.

9. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Tobias and SR-506 are sold.

10. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Deal fell through on the Fender, it's available again.

11. PM Sent

12. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Fender is sold.

13. Taps07

Taps07

Sep 16, 2008
    believe it or not i was going to purchase that fortress one from him, its back up for sale so i think i might try again

14. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    PM sent.

15. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Deal pending on the Fortress One.

16. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Fortress One is sold.

17. Jehos

Jehos

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    It's Friday and you want a Corvette Standard Ash bump. :)

18. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    How about "I wish I had scored that Tobias" bump? This forum has me totally GASing for one now....it's at the tip top of my list!

19. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Bump for a great seller

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.