Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fs: 5 strings Villex soapbars

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Balor, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    Hi everyone,

I have a pair of Villex pickups. As the title imply, they're 5 strings pickups in a shell the size of Bartolini's P4 (4.65 x 1.25 inches). The shell is made out of ebony. The guy who sold them to me didn't say how wide the magnets were... they were meant for a 7 string... I really can't use them. I'll let the pair go for $125 US + shipping.

The Barts are also P4. They came out of a GT7 I'm modifying. They sound great, but there not what I'm looking for. In fact, I bought the Villex just for that... anyways, I'd like to get about $100 US + shipping. these would work great for a 5, 6 or 7 string bass.

take care
    PL

2. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    I'm open to offers...

3. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    the barts come with the preamp... if anyone is interested.

PL

4. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    price reduced

90 for the barts
    110 for the villex.

PL

5. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    what preamp? I may be interested
    or possibly the preamp separate. how much would you sell it for?

6. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    the preamp is the standard mightymite 2 band pre. It's not a bad preamp per say, but it definitely isn't hi end. I'm not a big fan of active electronic... I prefer the simplicity of the volume-volume-tone setup. if you're still interested, i'd say 30 + shipping for the pre.

PL

7. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I'll pass on the pre. it won't fit a Jazz bass. I'm mainly looking for a Bart NTBT

8. Basssy

Basssy

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Do you still have the VIllex pickups?

9. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    I should have deleted that thread a while back... the pickups and preamp are sold... sorry.

PL