1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: '51 Tele body- unique finish/allparts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by MusicMan27, Oct 8, 2013.

1. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Allparts brand made in USA, 51 Tele body, loaded, i think it has a thin nitrocellulose finish- you can feel the grain slightly. I think most would say its not perfect but i like it as is- really unique color/grain- wish i could keep it but i'm funding another project. I'm not sure of the pickup installed but i think its a SD Antiquity 1 - i have a thread in the pickups section asking to help identify it- no word yet. Pickguard is slightly imperfect but hard to notice- the fit where it meets the control plate. Also the pickguard screws are not all identical but look and work just fine. Overall a cool bass project for upgrades or as is. $165 shipped obo

image.

2. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Any idea of how heavy it is? And what would is that?

3. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    According to the Allparts website, it looks like swamp ash but I have no way of knowing unless someone has an idea...

http://www.allparts.com/TBBAO-Telecaster-Bass-Ash-Body_p_3572.html

I pushed my digital kitchen scale to the limit and it was about 6.3 lbs loaded if its accurate. I'll double check it with my neighbor's human scale when I get a chance.

4. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    Any pics without the pickguard, or of the wiring, or of the pocket? Thanks

5. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Payment pending. Here is a pic of under the pickup. I'll take the other pics if the deal falls through. The finish is pretty consistent under the pickguard as i recall- havent looked in years tho.

image.

6. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    SOLD!