1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: 6) black Gotoh GB-7 Tuners 3x3 - OEM Roscoe *NEW*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by dataBASS5, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Just as the title states, I've got 6 of these black Gotoh closed-gear tuners fresh off a new Roscoe I purchased. 3 treble side and 3 bass side. The pegs can be reversed and tuners made to fit any configuration. These Gotohs are probably nicer, but I switched them out for Hipshot tuners that I'm used to. These are essentially new, only been wound once then removed at the Roscoe shop. I can't find any markings on them. I will pack carefully for $40 shipped CONUS. Paypal okay.

Some specs from the web: GOTOH GB-7 Compact Bass Tuners
    Enclosed-gear tuners for smaller pegheads, with 7/16"-diameter string posts and threaded hex bushings. 9/16"-diameter pegholes required. Precision 20:1 gear ratio with sealed lubrication, cast housings and metal knobs.

2. Gotohs are nice!

They're actually smoother than the Hipshots IMO.

Let's cut a deal... I send you a check for $40.00. You put the Gotoh's back on your bass where you should've left them. Take Hipshots back for full refund.

Carefully package CB Barts and send them to me! :hyper:

Now we're getting somewhere. ;)

3. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Better! Much better! A year ago you'd be offering $40 for me to put the Gotohs back on the Roscoe and send them back to you with the bass! :rollno:

And yes, being a sealed gear self lubricating tuner these are exceptionally smooth. I'd imagine they are superior to the Hipshots, but again all my other basses use the Hipshot so that's what I'm used to. On the other hand, if someone has 20+ Gotoh's they'd like to sell me. . . :ninja:

4. Yeah, as I've said before, we continue to compromise ourselves and do all we can make sure you come out on top of all transactions...somebody's got to set an example. :D

Let me get this straight...you're dumping the Gotohs so all the Roscoes will "match".

How cute. :rollno:

5. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

In a word, yes. In another word, sowhatifIamalittleneuroticwhenitcomestomygear. :D

6. rnlytton

rnlytton Supporting Member

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
    PM'ed.

7. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Ah, a man of action! These are gone. :smug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.