1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: $65 Mighty Mite Maple Jazz Neck & $35 Gotoh 28:1 Vintage Tuners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ubnomnar, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    SOLD BOTH ITEMS: [DEL]$110[/DEL] $100 Paypal shipped CONUSA for a very nice satin finished Mighty Mite Maple Jazz Neck with Gotoh Vintage Style 28:1 reverse tuners. The neck and tuners are both in excellent condition. OR: I will also sell separately: $35 Paypal shipped for the Tuners & $65 Paypal shipped for the neck.

Moze guitar shop in San Diego fit the neck and drilled the mounting holes to mate with a 90’s Squier Jazz body. No “work” has been done to the nut or frets. The neck is drilled for both Hipshot Ultralites and Gotoh Vintage tuners (which cover the ultralite holes). There are no dings/damage to the fretboard or back of the neck. There is a very shallow depression in the grain on the face of the head stock (near the edge) between the E and A tuners. This was on the neck when I bought it. It is difficult to see unless you hold the neck up to the light at a certain angle. The slight gap between the “A” and “D” tuners is due to the variance in tuner hole center-to-center spacing courtesy of Mighty Mite. I never mounted a string retainer.

The tuners are set of 4, Allparts Gotoh vintage style 28:1 reverse. The 11/16" Fender spec tuner ferrules were wrapped with a layer of aluminum tape so they would have a slight interference fit in the tuner bores of the Mighty Mite neck which are closer to 23/32" even though it is "Licensed by Fender." The tuner in the “G” position has a noticeable tight spot when you spin it without string tension on it. When strung, I never noticed it. The “clovers” have some slight scratches that were on them when I bought them... but still look great. I only mention it in case you are looking for museum quality perfect chrome. These are in better condition than half the ones I see on new basses that have been under the claws of a factory string winder.

I think that about covers it. It's a very nice setup for the money. It looks sharp and plays nicely.

I will email high-res photos upon request.

2. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Here are a couple more photos.

3. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM Sent

4. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    I'm the Squier of Fenderbirds
    Also PMed (just in case).

5. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    I'll take the neck. PM sent!

6. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    PM's replied.

It looks like the NECK IS SOLD or WILL BE SOLD as I'm waiting for a response from one party, and have a second party ready to buy. Trying not to "count my chicken's before they're hatched."

The GOTOH TUNERS are still up for grabs. They sell for $85 at BassPartsResource. So, $35 shipped CONUSA should be a great price on a nice set of tuners.

7. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Oh, what the heck...

8. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I'll take the Tuners!

9. ubnomnar