1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS:'69-'70 Ventura EB-2 Copy...primo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mark roberts, Mar 3, 2008.

1. mark roberts

mark roberts Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    NEW PRICE 4/20/08....One of the finest examples of Ventura (Japan) copies. This one is in beautiful shape...barely any player wear at all. 30" scale. Original except for nut, which was recently replaced. Original (beat) chip case. The finish is in amazing condition...closet classic. No finish checking! The magnificent smooth tone you would expect and supple feel from the short scale. Frets and neck in excellent shape for it's age. Near new set of D'Addario scale-correct RW's.

$350. PayPal OK. Otherwise, bank cashier's check...sorry, I do not accept personal checks. Cash OK for local sale, of course.

Buyer pays actual shipping charges and appropriate insurance. I will package for protection.

Also...see bigger pics here:
    http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/mark_roberts/forsalepics.html

Attached Files:

2. mark roberts

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Here's a couple more.....BTW, that's the "old" nut....the new one is perfect and installed by my tech at Mass. St. Music in Lawrence. He came from Lakland basses.

Attached Files:

3. mark roberts

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    here's a couple more.....

Attached Files:

4. mark roberts

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Hhhhmmm...no interest, yet. Kind of surprising. Because the '69-'70 years were exceptional quality production years for Ventura. I had a "same years" EB-O copy while I was in Japan at the time. Top notch bass. This one is, too. No matter, if it doesn't move...I'll keep it.

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    it's only one pickup, right? does the toggle switch work like the Gibson version's push button (ie, output gets hotter and fuller)?

6. mark roberts

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    I don't notice that kind of difference. It seems like more on-off-on. Yes, one pick-up. But as I have experienced...not as "muddy" as the Gibson. This is a qualified observation as I have had Gibson EB-0, EB-1, EB-3, and played Gibson EB-2's...as well as owned a Japanese Greco EB-0 and Ventura EB-0 of the same era and purchased then, in Japan.

Thanks for your inquiry.

7. funkbass

funkbass

Dec 9, 2004
    YOU HAVE A PM:hyper:

8. funkbass

funkbass

Dec 9, 2004
    YOU GOT ANOTHER PM.:eyebrow:

9. mark roberts

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    PM's answered, thanks.

10. mark roberts

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Throwing a BUMP into this. :)

11. mark roberts

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    See the 1st frame for a new price of $350.00 and a link to bigger pics.

BTW, this offering is intended for contiguous United States buyers only. Thanks.