1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: '70s Epiphone hollowbody/'70s Yamaha Lawsuit P

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by the art guy, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Two cool older basses for sale pretty cheap. These aren't professional-level instruments, but rather cool vintage items that would be fun to mod or play as is.

1. Early '70s Epiphone 5120: this is Japanese-built, and in pretty good condition for its age (all original including spring mute). Needs a pickup adjustment (bridge pickup has a screw that's stripped, maybe?), but plays fine as is. Short scale, nice action, cool vibe. Actually has more variety of tones than you might think. Not mint, but pretty clean - someone scratched small lines into the bass side of the neck to show where the dot markers are from above. $400 or best offer.

2. Late '70s (or maybe early '80s?) Yamaha Pulser Bass 400: Lawsuit era, just like a Fender from that time. I've only had this a short time, and only played it through a small practice amp. Seems to play fine as is. If I kept it I'd probably drop in a nice pickup; the stock one works, but isn't amazing. Fairly heavy, but not overwhelmingly so. I think this is all stock, although someone before me scratched the "Pulser Bass" logo off the headstock. $200

I'm only putting these up to help fund a purchase, so I'm not looking for trades. Only possible trade might be one or both of these plus cash for a vintage (or vintage style) P. I've got more pics if necessary, but here are these for now.

P1030237.

P1020823.

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Photo of P-bass headstock would be greatly appreciated.

3. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Here you go - sorry for the poor quality photos; I can get better ones after I'm home later. The headstock really needs refinishing to make it look good.

P1030238.

4. MarcusPocus

MarcusPocus

Aug 28, 2008
    Allen, Tx
    The Epi is interesting. I am confused by the small scratches where the dots would be??? Can you post a pic of that?

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Bump for a GREAT seller!

6. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    Saw these both on the DM craiglist, both look interesting but i'm gassing hard for a db-750 right now. Free bump for a fellow iowan :D

7. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    I'll try to get a good picture of the Epi neck when I get home. It's just barely noticeable marks that were made on the binding of the neck so someone could keep track of the fret positions, I guess. No big deal.

8. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    ...and the Epiphone is sold pending payment. That was a nice fast deal!

Still have the Yamaha.....

9. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    More (better) Yamaha pics for those who asked:

P1030239.
    P1030241.
    P1030242.

10. jurge

jurge

Mar 29, 2009
    Singapore
    is it a 32" scale for the yamaha?

11. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa

Nope. 34".

12. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Is the headstock gouged or just scratched up? Also, how are the frets and tuners?

13. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    PM on the yamaha..

14. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Pm sent for the p-bass.

15. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Sale pending on the Yamaha.......will update the thread if both are gone for sure.

16. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Crap, looks like I missed out by 30 minutes.

Jaymi will have a nice bass that's for sure !

17. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    darn, really got some major GAS for that hollowbody. Enjoy to whomever takes it home.

18. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    I did too. I had a feeling that a TB'er owned it.
    Bump!

19. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Both basses sold. Thanks for all the interest, and for the two quickest deals I've done on here!

(Nice to see the Iowans representing too...)

20. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Gotta look out for one another man!
    Speaking of, did you see the 60's bassman head and cab I found and posted about in the hot deals section? Hoping a TB'er can give it a nice home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.