1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 70's Fender Music Master Short Scale Bass. Last time before Ebay.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rythmicillusion, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I posted this bass for sale a while back, and while I had some interest it obviously did not sell. I'm going to try again once more here, before I move it along eleswhere.

I purchased this from Cambridge Music Center several months ago. I was told it was a 1978 Fender Music Master Short Scale Bass. I was told by a member of the staff that it was thoroughly checked for authenticity, and it held it. Please keep in mind that I am not a professional appraiser of these things.

I would give the bass 7.5 on the conditon scale. There is a decent amount of scrathes throughout the body, the frets are a bit worn, there is a small pea sized chunk of clearcoat missing from the middle of the neck, and one of the tuners appears to be a replacement. I never got it set up, but it's getting a bit buzzy and could stand to get one.

The electronics can be a bit noisy but have never failed me. It stays in tune surprisingly well. It's very light weight but has a strong fundamental. Most improtantly (to me at least), it completely nails that 70's bass tone.

This is an excellent choice for people looking for a historic instrument with a legendary tone at a very reasonable price, or those with shoulder/arm/wrist/hand/finger issues with heavier, longer scale basses.

Looking for $475 Local (Strongly Prefered). I will ship, but the buyer will be paying all the related costs. Comes with a black fender gig bag in very good condition (not pictured).

Fend1.

Fend2.

Fend4.

Fend3.

2. BUMP

3. One more bump.

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Picture of neck damage?

5. You can actually see it in the last picture. On the side of the neck closer to the body, it is that small chunk about an inch from the edge of the picture. This is a where a small piece of clear coat came off. The damage IS NOT spreading to my knowledge, and is barely detectable to me when I play it. This is the extent of the damage. The structure, shape and remainder of the finish of the neck is in fine shape.

6. LAST BUMP for this sweet instrument!

7. No longer available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.