1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS 70's Memphis P copy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ffeJ83, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffeJ83

ffeJ83 Banned

Feb 5, 2009
    Jonesboro,LA
    Hello all.

Selling my 1970's Memphis P copy made in Japan. I have a neat story about it. Purchased it in 94, from a traveling bass player at a local bar who needed gas money. He replaced the stock pickup with a Bartolini Ric pickup, and that was 16 years ago and it still sounds great. There is some fret wear on the lower frets but causes no buzzing at all, and one of the bolts in one of the tuning pegs was replaced before I acquired it.

Sold
    memphis008.
    memphis006.
    memphis011.
    memphis003.
    memphis007.
    memphis004.
    memphis005.

2. very cool

3. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Nice

4. trades? also, just to confirm, the body isn't plywood right?

5. ffeJ83

ffeJ83 Banned

Feb 5, 2009
    Jonesboro,LA
    Sorry, no trades. Saving up to buy a bigger rig.

6. Is the body plywood?

7. ffeJ83

ffeJ83 Banned

Feb 5, 2009
    Jonesboro,LA
    Yes, the body is made out of plywood. Which was my first concern when I purchased it. The thing is it has more resonance than my string through T-40, but weighs less than my SX PJ.

8. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I have a Peavey Milestone II body, (I've changed the neck) which is plywood and with a stock Fury Pickup--IT ROCKS!

9. Would you call that finish more of a walnut or gold? I can't tell from the pictures.

10. ffeJ83

ffeJ83 Banned

Feb 5, 2009
    Jonesboro,LA
    The finish is a walnut stain over maple, so it appears a golden color coming through.

11. ffeJ83

ffeJ83 Banned

Feb 5, 2009
    Jonesboro,LA
    Price drop toward gas list $150 Shipped

12. I just purchasesd one of the a couple of months ago, the model is called a 105 S. Has the best neck shape I have ever played compariable to my buddies '61 P neck shape. Who ever picks this one up is getting a bargin.

13. aww...i want it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.