1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS- 8" celestions from SWR henry 8x8

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ducatiman, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ducatiman

ducatiman

Oct 3, 2006
    new yawk
    these working speaks were removed from my henry.

celestion england marked BG8-60. 32 ohm. 8 are currently available. these are discontinued, difficult to find.

$50 each, plus freight (can ship ups)

PM for further pics or info.

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    just to ask , what did you do with the cab ?

3. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    I thought the "8" in the BG8-60 designated the impedance?

If it does, these can be used in the Baby Blues also.

4. gcb34

gcb34

May 9, 2007
    Spencerport, NY
    No the 8 in BG8 is for the size of the speaker as in 8 inch. And guess what the 60 is
    ? Watts yep.

5. ducatiman

ducatiman

Oct 3, 2006
    new yawk
    cab still in my possession, other speakers loaded.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    what did you put in it?
    seems like tombowlus was looking for one, at some point....

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I was looking for two of these at one point, but ended up getting some Eminence replacements.

Still, I might be interested. What condition are they in? And again, why are you replacing them, and what did you replace them with?

Tom.

8. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    Doh!!! More coffee!

9. ducatiman

ducatiman

Oct 3, 2006
    new yawk
    i went with the LDS "long throw" 8's. expensive, yes. i bought them at different times ...i also have a henry jr 4x8. i converted that box to the LDS a year ago. in my present band, i'm competing with a god-awful-loud marshall guitar guy and loud drummer, so after getting the 8x8, i decided to buy the 2nd group of 4 and convert the 8x8. so, financially, it was done in 2 stages, not such a hit at one time.

i converted the 4x8 back to the original celestions. still leaves the 8 celestions available which were removed from the 8x8.

i'm trying to recoup some of my investment here. again, the celestions are working fine, are clean, presentable, and undamaged in any way, shape or form.

i'd provide detailed pics if anyone is genuinely interested in buying, i'll break them up and sell in each, multiples or all 8 in one shot.

10. Are you sure these are 32 ohm speakers? I thought these were 8 ohm and the 4 ohms rating of the Henry 8x8 was in how the speakers were wired. Did you measure them with an ohm meter? Just curious because I need 2 - 8 ohm 8" speakers.

11. ducatiman

ducatiman

Oct 3, 2006
    new yawk
    sorry, def 32 ohm pulled from a working original henry 8

have sold 2, 6 still available. come on out there, once gone...difficult to find, always good to have a spare or 2

12. alexosorio

alexosorio

Nov 28, 2012
    i need to buy one from you my name is alex and my cell is 210-722-0330 how do i pay you i need one

13. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    this thread is almost 4 years old

just sayin'.

14. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    I have some available if anyone still needs em!