1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: 8 Track Recording PC - rackmount

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by hbarcat, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I've outgrown the 8 channel recording computer I've been using for the past two years and am upgrading so it's time to sell this as an entire package. With this you will be able to record 8 simultaneous channels of audio at 24 bit/48kHz or 2 channels at 24 bit/192kHz.

--Bheringer Ultragain Pro -8 Digital ADA-8000
    8 channel mic preamp plus AD/DA converters
    lightpipe I/O
    1u rackmount
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/ADA8000.aspx
    manual: http://www.behringer.com/EN/downloads/pdf/ADA8000_P0187_M_EN.pdf

--EMU 1212m recording cards
    8 channel lightpipe I/O
    24 bit/196kHz
    2 PCI slots
    software, drivers, manual
    http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=9872

--3 Unit Rackmount PC case includes:
    power supply, mother board with audio/video,
    Athlon 2400 (2Ghz) CPU, 1 GB memory,
    cooling fans, other hardware and cables

--lightpipe cable and miscellaneous items
    that go with the above

Edit: PRICE DROP

$ 260 shipped CONUS for everything.

This is heavy and I will be padding the heck out of everything so it's going to cost me a lot to ship. Hence if you pick it up yourself (northern Illinois) I will discount to

$ 235 You pick up

What is not included: Due to the inherently fragile nature of shipping these items and for other reasons, I am not including a hard drive, CD/DVD drive, mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc...
    I am including only those things that are explicitly listed.

You will need to add necessary non-included things yourself as well as install a Windows O/S (XP or later for compatibility) and install the necessary drivers and software (included) for the recording card and finally the recording software (not included - choose your own favorite). If you lack the knowledge necessary to do these operations I can provide help to whatever extent I am able through PM's.

This system has been trouble free for me for the past two years and I vouch that everything is in perfect working order. However, due to the fact that I can't control what happens when the next person installs hardware, software and Windows I am selling this "AS-IS" with no guarantees that you can get it working the way you want it to depending on what things you install. Please take this into account when considering whether or not to buy this.

Behringer 8 channel mic preamp digital converter (it's the second unit down, rack case not included):

IMG_0714.

IMG_0717.

EMU 1212 recording cards:

IMG_0707.

IMG_0712.

lightpipe cable:

IMG_0723.

I also have pictures of the PC case and hardware but haven't had time to upload them to photobucket yet. I will do that as soon as possible.

Please PM me with any questions or ask in this thread.

2. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Here are the pictures of the rackmount PC case and hardware.

Note: only those items listed in the For Sale post (see above for details) are included. Some things pictured here will be removed. Please ask if you have questions.

IMG_0731.

IMG_0733.

IMG_0735.

IMG_0737.

3. funkmuffin

funkmuffin

Aug 18, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    How much for just ADA8000?

4. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
  5. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Bump for price drop.

6. Free bump from another EMU user (1820) - great unit generating great results!

7. Dave-in-TN

Dave-in-TN

Apr 21, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    You've given a price for selling the ADA-8000 separately. Would you sell the EMU cards separately? If so, how much? How much for the ADA-8000 and the EMU cards together?

8. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Answering PM's in the order received.

Sorry about the delay. I've been out of town for the weekend and haven't been near a computer since Friday afternoon. :bag:

9. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

I'd like to get $60 shipped for the EMU cards

If the buyer wants both the Behringer ADA-8000 and the EMU-1212m I'd like to get $135 shipped and I'll throw in the lightpipe cable.

10. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    ON HOLD - pending payment.

11. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    SOLD.

Thanks, sonix. :)

Thread Status: