1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS-80's MIJ Fender "PJ" Bass-$375 Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by trunkshope6, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hey guys selling a really nice and rare Japanese Fender "PJ" Bass.

I've tried to find more info on it but its a variation of the many PJ precisions that Duff made famous.This one is fully passive with 2 separate volume controls and a TBX tone control layout. This basically boosts highs or lows and is actually pretty good at getting a bunch of great tones from each pup.

It has a painted neck and nice dark rose board that actually isn't sticky at all like a lot of thick laquered necks tend to get.The fretwork on it is especially seamless and feels great all down the neck. All the hardware is black with the bridge showing some wear on the E side from use. I think compared to my J bass I think the jazz pickup is closer to the bridge like a 70s jazz spacing.I can measure the spacing in a bit.The pickups are especially hot on this ,the p thumps hard and the jazz is very pronounced, the pickup poles on these look as big as sd basslines and I think are exclusive to these basses.

Overall I would give it a 7.5 in condition due to a common finish crack that a lot of these 80s fenders tend to had. Instead of the usual nicks or cuts ,these finishes crack like a shell in a way. I can say the finish is all in tact and there is no actual paint missing, but rather a thin fine crack along the front of the body. It is hard to see unless in bright light and my arm usually covers it anyways. There is a hole in the Cavity control plate that's less than an inch across and there is a small flake of finish near the neck pocket.

The good news is that the neck is suprisingly very clean exept for 2 small nicks ,It shines up very nicely and the rest of the finish on the body is clean too. The set up is nice and low with no buzzing down the neck. The truss rod located at the back of the neck turns easily in both directions and holds set up perfectly.The headstock does have some nicks on the ball end but the face is clean. The big plated tuners are still all black with no wear at all.

Id really like to keep this bass put I prefer single pupped basses for some reason which is why I'm selling my other jazz bass. I'm hoping to get $375 shipped Conus . Will have pics up soon

IMAG0403.

IMAG0410.

IMAG0404.

IMAG0409.

IMAG0407.

IMAG0406.

IMAG0412.

IMAG0416.

IMAG0415.

IMAG0413.

IMAG0411.

2. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    Phat bass for the price!!!!! bet it sounds huge with an svt added.

3. garrettowens

garrettowens

Nov 30, 2011
    lagwagon, awesome.

Man I wish I had the money for this, this is EXACTLY what I want (though I'd want to add a white pickguard).

Good luck on the sale. If I hit the lottery soon I'll PM you about it.

4. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    How's the neck dive on this one? The last Power Jazz I owned was pretty tipsy.

5. I think it balances well on a strap about waist height, it also holds up well when sitting

6. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Payment sent