1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 85 Fender PJ Made in Japan w hard-case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by worxforme, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    I started on four moved to six and then landed on five.

For the last year I have been playing my 5 string 99% of the time so unless Lenny calls me for an audition, I don't foresee playing my 4 again. (I'm in the book but still no call)

This bass has been in my family since it was new, my brother bought it and about 12 years ago I took it off his hands to help him out in a crunch. I offered it back to him for what I acquired it for and he said "I never really could play anyway" true, but I told him I loved his "Don't Drop the Baby" song and he might want to play again but alas his days are behind him, so here it is.

I think it's in very good shape for any 10 plus year old bass and in great shape for a 25 year old bass. It has a great growl and a nice p sound with a lot in between.

There are some bumps here and there and I find that every year or two I had to clean the pickup selector switch. I'm not sure what woods the body or neck are and I believe it's all original except strings. I have it set up just a little higher when I went through my Seindfeld faze and it currently has new bright flats on it and I will include the old rounds.

I've found the MIJ's from the 80 to be better than the MIA, of course in 85 I think Fender only made them in Japan.

The width at the nut is 1.625 like a Mark Hoppus Jazz Bass. It's perfect for slap and finger and years ago I was into the pick. I found it got naughty sounding with the pick and the bridge and smooth and large with fingers and the P pickups.

It weights around 8 lbs 12 ounces on my digital bathroom scale.

Includes a very good (most would say excellent) shape Fender USA hard-case.

Firm at 400 picked up or for 30 more shipped FedEx insured to the 48. Cash in person or Check if you want it shipped. Google my business to see who you are working with and contact any of the people I've worked with to set your mind at easy.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/85FenderPj006.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/85FenderPj007.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/85FenderPj013.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/85FenderPj023.jpg

Please Google my business so you know who you are working with and message me with any questions.

2. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    All pm's replied.

3. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Pm replied.

4. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    PMs replied.

A lot of looking but no touching ;)

5. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Price adjusted.

6. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Pm's and phone calls replied.

7. morguedoc71

morguedoc71

May 22, 2009
    What an awesome price for a bass I want but don't need...

Bump for super-cool Duff McKagan mojo!

8. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    I wish we could work out a local deal on this. I'm from Lansing too. aaaaaaaaand probably as broke as you. :)

9. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    nice!!!how much ?

10. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Sorry to here your account is a little low right now, I'm sure your current currency situation won't last too long.

I'm actually doing great myself BUT there was a time many years ago when I actually lived in my car one summer. It helped me see the possibilities, that's for sure.

11. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    400 picked up and 430 shipped includes nice 80's hard shell case.

12. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    We are talking about the bass...right.

The girls that work for me have their permit and they carry. They scare me.

One day this last summer, one of the girls wanted to put her bullets in the office because she thought it was too hot in her car for them :(

Did I mention they really scare me?

13. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    Your wonderful collection,I come from China, I go to seek freight。bump!

14. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Thanks!

15. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Girls with Guns Rock! It leaves the guys Free to Drive, Fight, and Rock Out, knowing that there is FirePower in Reserve if needed. Plus they can take care of themselves while you're Driving, Fighting & Rocking Out!

Thinking of how I could fund this, and other G.A.S. Pains that have arisen!!!:bassist:

16. JRN

JRN Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2010
    CO 80443
    Worxforme,
    Don't be afraid of them. Those who would do them wrong should be.

17. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    On hold pending payment.

Thanks for all the inquiries and kind words. If I don't receive the check or buyer changes his mind, I will notify the next in line.(that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean)

FWIW: The girls really don't scare me. But if you looked at them you wouldn't expect a Quentin Tarantino girl to be simmering under the surface.

18. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    SOLD!!! Going to rock Pennsylvania.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.